• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    bsu doesnt allow weapons on campus either. I feel your pain.
    wow thats news to me. My wife graduated from BSU in 09' and when I was staying in Muncie with her(while we dated) I carried on campus all the time. I didn't see any sighs and my wife never said the campus had a no carry/weapons rule.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Most colleges have feel good rules that students and employees can't be armed.

Didn't you know that colleges have magical barriers that keep people from doing bad things as soon as they cross onto campus?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    My doctor has a new question on her questionnaire form; "Do you own a gun?" Yes or No. My written answer was NOYB. The office girls called me up and asked me what NOYB meant. I explained that the question was NON-Medical and the NOYB meant "None Of Your Business".

:soapbox:

At the risk of thread-jacking myself, we had to go into the hospital for false labor one time.

As part of standard operating procedure, the nurse has to ask the female patient if they "feel safe" at home.

My wife told me she was asked this while I was gone. I brushed it off at first, but got to thinking - isn't that presuming some sort of crime on every patient's spouse that walked in? Presuming he / she is guilty before the patient says otherwise?

What an insult to the good men out there.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    wow thats news to me. My wife graduated from BSU in 09' and when I was staying in Muncie with her(while we dated) I carried on campus all the time. I didn't see any sighs and my wife never said the campus had a no carry/weapons rule.

If youre not a student it doesnt matter. The police cant arrest you on a campus, unless you are asked to leave. Then they can arrest you for tresspassing. (spelling?) Anyway, its against school policy and if you are a student you can be expelled.

Now as far as trusting it with bsu pd... no way. They already killed one student, I dont need to be next.

Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Now I don't understand how these governments get away with restricting gun rights on Public property. Where is it in the constitution that the 2nd amendment right can be restricted on public property?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As part of standard operating procedure, the nurse has to ask the female patient if they "feel safe" at home.

My wife told me she was asked this while I was gone. I brushed it off at first, but got to thinking - isn't that presuming some sort of crime on every patient's spouse that walked in? Presuming he / she is guilty before the patient says otherwise?

What an insult to the good men out there.
    I hear ya! My wife and I were BOTH insulted by the staff repeatedly asking that question while my wife was going into labor. The idiot nurse was whispering it to my wife while I was in the room. Her answer? "What the eff kind of question is that? Can we do this effing paperwork later? I'm having an effing BABY!"

note to self: add earplugs to the "go bag" if we have another child!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I used to work at Community North Hospital. A no weapons policy has been in effect for a few years. That did include knives as well. This was the policy of an employee for sure and from what Security told me noone was allowed to have a firearm on them.

At the Dr's office I went today which is part of St. Francis there a note up stating no firearms or handguns allowed. I had mine in my purse and just left it there. :D

Top Bottom