I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Bull1315
    I had a co worker who entered a bank in Indy carrying OC a couple years ago. He got detained and asked to leave. Not sure what bank though and the rules may have changed since then.

And the reason for this post is? With a minimum of analysis, it is apparent that the author was attempting to say his friend was detained and THEN asked to leave. Why does this site have so many irrelevant unnecessary comments. Just seems so many just want to run up their post count.

Post whores.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Like I just posted "And the reason for this post is? Why does this site have so many irrelevant unnecessary comments. Just seems so many just want to run up their post count."
    You're right.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Like I just posted "And the reason for this post is? Why does this site have so many irrelevant unnecessary comments. Just seems so many just want to run up their post count."

And that's why we have a Post Whore Police to keep them in check.:ingo:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    We carry the way we want. It does not matter to me one dang bit one way or the other...lets just keep supporting our right to carry and quit bringing this old tired out thread back into the limelight. Please?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We carry the way we want. It does not matter to me one dang bit one way or the other...lets just keep supporting our right to carry and quit bringing this old tired out thread back into the limelight. Please?

Ah, but the tired old thread is as good as new after a little rest! :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    "Vernacular speech" is redundant.

It can be. It is not in this instance. It refers to language, not just the spoken word. But I can see how you might confuse the two.

quote_icon.png

And the reason for this post is? With a minimum of analysis, it is apparent that the author was attempting to say his friend was detained and THEN asked to leave. Why does this site have so many irrelevant unnecessary comments. Just seems so many just want to run up their post count.
    And the reason for this post is? With a minimum of analysis, it is apparent that the author is socially inept or he'd understand that banter among friends can take place electronically as well as verbally. Just seems so many just want to run up the post count.

Why would you feel the need to post it again? Trying to run up your post count?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    quote_icon.png
    I had a co worker who entered a bank in Indy carrying OC a couple years ago. He got detained and asked to leave. Not sure what bank though and the rules may have changed since then.

And I've OC'd in at least 3 different banks. No hassle. Your point would be?

The bank is private property. They can ask people to leave for carrying. But you are not breaking the law at that point. You are breaking a policy.
    If you refuse to leave, then you are trespassing. Then you are breaking the law.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    quote_icon.png

First, I wasn't really "analyzing" anything! Just having fun!
    second, I don't care how much YOU want to "run up" your post count! It's "irrelevant" to me!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    By your logic, LEO's should also carry concealed. If someone is going to engage you first because you are open carrying, does it really matter if you are a LEO, or Joe blow? It has never been proven that if you open carry, that it makes you a target. The majority of criminals are dumb, and don't want confrontation. You say "stealthy", like you are on some covert CIA mission. If you ever have to use your weapon in SD, it's mostly likely going to be to protect yourself from an assault, car jacking, etc. Or maybe to help someone else in need of it. That's where situational awarness comes into play. Criminals like to pray on the weak, don't make yourself an easy target. If I were going to attack someone, it would not be the individual with a gun.

Top Bottom