• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    ATMs are so obvious I try to avoid withdrawing cash at night. Even during the day I would be paranoid and swivel my neck all the time. Thankfully these days you can pay almost anything with plastic.Gas stations are obvious for me. When I'm in an unfamiliar town, I would skip a gas station if the surrounding area is shady.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, there was some 'before', before he came after me.
    I left wife in one store and walked to another. I heard some 'crap talk' outside and saw the perp for the first time. He looked 'mental', and he had the spiked club on him then. The clerk never looked up and I asked about him. He said the guy was a nut was likely to get shot.
    I left and saw him nearby and he was hiding the club in a corner. I waited until he had got out of position to grab it and do anything. I squirted past and watched reflections off cars. I saw him grab the club. I saw him turn my way. I had my hand on my pistol under my shirt loosened and ready. When he accelerated and hollered, I was ready before I turned. He was mine at any point, even after I warned him. It was not my first rodeo, it will not be my last.
    Give me your email in a PM. I took a pic or two afterwards.

I dont care care what he looks like. I'm strictly concerned with your utter failure to act in a responsible manner.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    ATMs are so obvious I try to avoid withdrawing cash at night. Even during the day I would be paranoid and swivel my neck all the time. Thankfully these days you can pay almost anything with plastic.Gas stations are obvious for me. When I'm in an unfamiliar town, I would skip a gas station if the surrounding area is shady.

I agree with Daggy. Although, I never use an ATM day or night.
    Stay alert and stay safe.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am from Illinois and am an ISP certified CCW instructor and talk about SA in my class. In the case of the nails in the club I tell my students to call 911 immediatley. Not only to get this person off the street but to protect themselves from being on the recieving end of a MWAG call. If this person is really pi$$ed about having his "paycheck" turn the tables on him he could make the 911 call that he had been threatened with a gun. When the police get there they will find you there with a gun, they will not find him or if they do he will have ditched the club with nails. This may take some time to sort out especially if no one else saw the club. Normally when police respond to a call the person that made the call will initally be precieved to be the victim. Jim.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    You could be right. I may go back to that city this weekend because the wife wants to. Since I'm 99% sure he'll still be there, I'll call PD this time. It won't change him. I'm sure it happens every week with that person, as it does with several others in that area. It's no skin off my back either way. Like I mentioned before, shopkeepers ignored him, even when they stepped out onto the walk for a cigarette.
    I'm used to dealing with these folk and know where his halfway house is. I also have one of them about 300' from my shop, and another one four blocks away. Two other homeless shelters are less than six blocks away.
    I may try it your way. May.

I am from Illinois and am an ISP certified CCW instructor and talk about SA in my class. In the case of the nails in the club I tell my students to call 911 immediatley. Not only to get this person off the street but to protect themselves from being on the recieving end of a MWAG call. If this person is really pi$$ed about having his "paycheck" turn the tables on him he could make the 911 call that he had been threatened with a gun. When the police get there they will find you there with a gun, they will not find him or if they do he will have ditched the club with nails. This may take some time to sort out especially if no one else saw the club. Normally when police respond to a call the person that made the call will initally be precieved to be the victim. Jim.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe you're the cowboy.

I've never needed to. I've found a positive stance and a firm look all that is necessary with some one who doesn't need to be shot or apprehend.

How many shootings have you had?

None. I've never needed to draw. How many have you shot at your so called "rodeos, cowboy"?

Did you know that's from 1 to 5 or more hours shot to heck each time?

Really?

And it adds up? You carry to shoot I guess.

No Sir, but I would never act in as cowardly a manner as to see a woman be threatened in my presence. I know because I ran to the gunfire unarmed to help a gunshot victim before I started carryong. Every fiber in my body despises a coward.

If the threat stops, i stop.

Agreed. Although in this situation the threat was not "stopped". By your own admission you released him and watched as he attempted to batter a woman.

No baiting involved either. He was between the wife and I. That's my truck to the left in the pic. He was 'different' than the younger thugs that have tried me. That was enough to give him a chance.

Nuclear fail. You gave him another chance to possibly maim or kill.

That said, I've had over forty years dealing with these thugs in an area that make Baghdad look like a resort.

Sorry. I call bs on this statement. :poop::poop::poop::poop:

Not all of them get shot. That's part of the carry ethics. It's not a license to shoot every bad guy. If the threat sibsides, let it go.

You have done nothing worthy of an Internet post . You were in a bad situation and you handled it badly to say the least. You posted it to show your great SA and your fabulous restraint even though you have a Watt Earp fast draw. All you have shown is that you think you are Billy Bad ***, and that you have very poor judgment.

Please do not respond. You have dug your hole deep enough. All you can add is that blue falcon is a poppy head or some such pity remark to show your superiority

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BBI, sorry for the thread jack.

Thank you for the OP it is always helpful to be reminded to be aware at all times.

Rep inbound.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    These are some good points which are useful whether one is carrying or not. I've sort of developed a "thick skin" as learned from my trips to urban areas like metro Chicago, New Orleans, Las Vegas, or Downtown Indy. Anyone looking to make first contact in the street with me has NOTHING I want and NOTHING useful to say to me. The type of person looking to beg very often has that "look" in their eyes that they are going to ask me for something. The moment I see that person turn toward me and start to open the mouth, I usually say firmly "I can't help you" and keep watching them. Fortunately, most beggars aren't the violent criminal types. In my town, maybe 2 times in over a decade has anyone even attempted to ask for something. Almost every time I go to Chicago, someone tries to beg for something.

I also have learned to not take anything handed to me either. This is common in something like the French Quarter when they pass out flyers. It could also be a pre-cursor to an assault since the receiver would be looking down at the paper and not watching the face of the person giving out the item.

Your behavioral notes are useful. The hand signals and pulling up the hoodie are not something I might have noticed, but will in the future.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom