• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This will also be my 1st year turkey hunting, my property had no turkey's just 10 years ago now I see them almost daily. Can someone tell me when the turkey breeding season is typically full swing in Indiana?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    This will also be my 1st year turkey hunting, my property had no turkey's just 10 years ago now I see them almost daily. Can someone tell me when the turkey breeding season is typically full swing in Indiana?

It is happening as we type...

The Indiana season will be on the tail end of it. Hens will have had enough, but the gobblers will still be ready, willing and able..

It should be good....

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hope they aren't done by the time the season finally starts, they are breeding away right now.
    I hope they're done (hens) Toms will be HOT!!!HOT!! HOT!!! Gonna be a great season. Remember one thing,, "Have fun"

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I'm going for turkey for the first time ....out of spite and revenge. I saw more turkey during deer season than I saw deer. I'm not going to take it lying down. I will have my revenge!!!!!

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    We got in our stuff for the check station today. Youth weekend is the weekend before the 27th and regular spring season is the 27th. I cant wait. Last year was my first turkey and he was 27 almost 28 lbs and had 3 beards!!!! Gonna try to top that this year. There is a monster in the field across the street and I have been watching them for the last few weeks and see when and where they come from and leave out of so its on like a pot of neckbones!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The youth weekend is Easter Sunday weekend. I and another guy who has a group that puts on a youth hunt fror disabled kids tried to get the DNR director and other biggies in the DNR to change it to the weekend before Easter. They declined. Not sure how many kids will be out there on Easter morning.

In fact I think it would be good idea to make the youth weekend to be two weekends before the regular season all the time. That way there would never be any Easter conflict and it would give the birds time to settle back down before the regular season.

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    hope they aren't done by the time the season finally starts, they are breeding away right now.
    They probably will be down here! I never even herd a bird the last 2 years after season opened! They have been at it hot and heavy for a month now by the time season gets here you'll be lucky to hear many!

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I would really practice with a bow.....kill range is not the largest on a turkey. A good blind or being able to use terrain to your advantage would be the best for taking one with a bow.

It is some of the best time I have in the woods is with my family or friends hunting or scouting turkeys. Some of my best memories are just chasing them too.....a successful harvest is just a bonus!:rockwoot:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I went out the first time two years ago. Didn't see a thing except two hens.

My problem is there isn't anywhere near me that isn't a draw property. I ended up going to Hoosier last time. I'll probably do the same this year since I didn't get drawn again.

Anybody know any good public properties to hunt?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    been out tuning up with the bow, shotgun is ready. I'll be alternating back and forth.

Probably take off Weds/Thurs morning to hunt, go in at lunch.

Top Bottom