• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    This aggravates me so much. I'm not sure gun shops necessarily rely heavily on tv commercials (maybe I'm wrong), but it's frustrating to see them discriminated against in this fashion.

homer12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Good thing I'm already on AT&T. Gotta say though - I'm not too thrilled with AT&T and was thinking about Comcast, but now I will not consider Comcast an option.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I emailed Comcast this morning to voice my displeasure with this new policy, and informed them I would soon be switching to Dish or Direct T.V.

I don't know if AT&T is even available in Lafayette.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I emailed Comcast this morning to voice my displeasure with this new policy, and informed them I would soon be switching to Dish or Direct T.V.

I don't know if AT&T is even available in Lafayette.

I called them as well to let them know. We are also switching... I realize that all cable companies filter commercials to some extent , but a no gun store advertisement policy is ludicrous. This reminds me too much of Dick's Sporting Goods getting rid of ARs because certain guns are not currently popular with people unable to think for themselves. Goodbye Comcast.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    My wife is so ticked off, she's talking to ATT about switching from Comcast as we speak. :rockwoot:
    Well CRAP, the wife just informed me that ATT told her they are not available in this area. (After spending 45 minutes on the phone with her, getting her all excited about all the things they can do, that Comcast can't do, for less money).....blah, blah, blah...:noway:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well CRAP, the wife just informed me that ATT told her they are not available in this area. (After spending 45 minutes on the phone with her, getting her all excited about all the things they can do, that Comcast can't do, for less money).....blah, blah, blah...:noway:

Maybe try Dish or DirecTv? Just a suggestion.

davidj60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    While not mentioned in the linked article, I would assume Comcast will now not be allowing network or cable shows that feature guns in anyway. If not they would seem to be hypocritical ba#####s

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    While not mentioned in the linked article, I would assume Comcast will now not be allowing network or cable shows that feature guns in anyway. If not they would seem to be hypocritical ba#####s

I posted something similar on WTHR's facebook page about this very same thing. We all know they won't do that, as they'd lose a lot of very popular programming

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well, for those of you Comcast customers thinking of switching to AT&T, I am with AT&T and was thinking of jumping over to Comcast. Their internet speed blows anything AT&T can offer out of the water and their price was cheaper. The only caveat was that the DVR would go from recording 4 shows to 2, something my wife felt was a deal-breaker. I have been trying to deal with Comcast's customer service now for almost 2 days and let me tell you, they SUCK!

I just got AT&T to lower my bill to what Comcast was offering and to up my internet speed. It's still slower than what Comcast offered, but the wife gets her 4 recordings simultaneously, and I can support a company that doesn't have a hatred toward guns.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Well, for those of you Comcast customers thinking of switching to AT&T, I am with AT&T and was thinking of jumping over to Comcast. Their internet speed blows anything AT&T can offer out of the water and their price was cheaper. The only caveat was that the DVR would go from recording 4 shows to 2, something my wife felt was a deal-breaker. I have been trying to deal with Comcast's customer service now for almost 2 days and let me tell you, they SUCK!

I just got AT&T to lower my bill to what Comcast was offering and to up my internet speed. It's still slower than what Comcast offered, but the wife gets her 4 recordings simultaneously, and I can support a company that doesn't have a hatred toward guns.

As a long term, card carrying, Comcast customer....I must tell you that.....

YOU ARE CORRECT

If my wife had $1.00 for every hour she has spent talking to Comcast c/s...we would be RICH! :rockwoot:

But, enough is enough.... we have got to find an alternative source for our internet/wifi*tv*landline that is dependable and has some HP (performance)

I can not support a company (Comcast) that has such a hatred towards guns. :patriot:

Top Bottom