• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The fact some or all of the members of a party in a public park are armed should not be of any concern of the PD or the parks department. You would probably have to reserve a pavilion or shelter house for the guests, but the change in pre-emption laws should have relieved the park of that concern.

A get together is something I might be interested in too.

Though you are correct, there will always be some busy body, that's going to make THAT call, requiring a response. If you notify the PD in advance, the dispatch center can inform such people that attendees are doing absolutely nothing wrong and an officer WON'T be coming.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Just give me a weeks notice and what food to bring. Course with my luck it'll rain. It does still rain doesn't it?
    Nope.
    No rain worth measuring in Columbus so far for this entire month of June. :(

I'd be willing to come out based on what date and time. I'd be willing to bring some food too.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Though you are correct, there will always be some busy body, that's going to make THAT call, requiring a response. If you notify the PD in advance, the dispatch center can inform such people that attendees are doing absolutely nothing wrong and an officer WON'T be coming.

It might be "nice gesture" to let them know in advance, but it is not our responsibility to make the CPD or the general public comfortable. If some busy body does make THAT call, let the CPD roll by. They'll see a bunch of people having a picnic.

We'll be nice and wave our pink slips at them as they drive by.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    That date thing again
    Sundays are my only day off

Otherwise I'm in and with a gallon of the best baked beans in the state ! Atleast in my mind :D, at my 25yr highschool reunion I had people taking leftovers of them home

Should be no need for plates and such, guessen most people here have a mess kit to bring ?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I would be intersted as well depending on dates.

As an FYI, I've seen some event fliers for concerts, etc. at Millrace. Several of them state "NO FIREARMS." Not sure if that is a Millrace restriction or if that is something the event promotors wanted on the ads.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I would be intersted as well depending on dates.

As an FYI, I've seen some event fliers for concerts, etc. at Millrace. Several of them state "NO FIREARMS." Not sure if that is a Millrace restriction or if that is something the event promotors wanted on the ads.

It has to be because of the concert, since Millrace is not privatly owned.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It has to be because of the concert, since Millrace is not privatly owned.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. At the same time, I know Columbus does have a some left leaning residents, so would be surprised if the powers that be (assume Millrace falls under Parks and Rec dept.) have placed this restriction on a public park, even if technically firearms are legal to carry there.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    As soon as the weather cools off we should all do this. Don't want you guys thinking I bailed on the idea.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom