Colts want improvements, but want Marion County to help pay for it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    But yr paying for something else instead? Might not be the colts or pacers stuff but defiantly something else lol 8-)

The closest Johnson County has to a sports team is high school and college sports. I'll support those, most of them enjoy the game and aren't doing it for monetary gains.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The stadium is awesome and the Colts are a great organization. They both bring a LOT of money to this city. They can have a few more pennies from me.

Must be this conservatism I keep hearing about. I haven't the faintest idea why we as a nation are $16+ trillion in debt.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    The stadium is awesome and the Colts are a great organization. They both bring a LOT of money to this city. They can have a few more pennies from me.

They sure do. Irsay gets the revenues even though he ponied up next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

God forbid the people who actually step foot in that place for games, concerts, etc. pay a $50 facility fee per ticket to help pay for it.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I'm tired of paying for facilities I don't have any use for. I went to Market Square Arena a couple of times (and paid huge ticket prices for the privelege) to see the circus and a girlfriend drug me there to a wrestling match once. I never went to the Hoosier Dome. I haven't been to, and have no plans to ever go to, whatever they're calling where the Pacers play now nor to Lucas Oil Stadium.
    They claim that it generates revenue, but I think if you take an HONEST look you will see that for the average citizen it is a loss. And please don't bother telling me about all of the jobs it creates... they are all underpaid wait-staff and hotel workers. The only ones making any money out of this are the Colts and the companies that OWN the hotels, restaurants, and bars.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    City of Arlington paid a good bit into it. They also used Imminent Domain to take over the houses in the stadium location.

But did they institute a tax on JUST 6 counties to pay for it? I doubt it. Only Indiana and Mitch "thief" Daniels would come up with a hair brain idea like that. God help Purdue.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    But did they institute a tax on JUST 6 counties to pay for it? I doubt it. Only Indiana and Mitch "thief" Daniels would come up with a hair brain idea like that. God help Purdue.

Just the City of Arlington. Tarrant County didn't want to share that burden (maybe if they renamed the team the Fort Worth Cowboys).

Cowboys stadium is tax-exempt and somehow considered a non-profit entity (even though Jerry Jones owns it).
    I definitely did not like the fact that Homeowners were shoved out of their homes at a particularly bad point in the housing market. Many couldn't afford their mortgage payoff when they got the "compensation".

It's a disturbing trend across the country that everyone has to subsidize sports. Even the City of Waco is paying in to the new football stadium for Baylor (A private school).

Top Bottom