• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Has anyone read the details of Colts restructing? Everything I read says they reduced their debt by 200 million. Did they just say sorry bond holders you lose like the auto companies did a few years ago?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I thought this thread was about the Indianapolis Colts. How about an apostrophe next time, as in "Colt's Restructuring" or better yet "Colt is Restructuring"? And you misspelled "Restructuring".

/douchebag Grammar Nazi mode OFF/

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    How many more times will the once proud firm founded by the good colonel have to go through this process before it can stand up on its own?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Good question... I wondered if they'd survive this round. I wonder how many purists will swear off Colt now that Norinco is associated with them.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    America is just not America without Winchester, and Colt producing guns in US plants. I think that is what has gone wrong with this country, some sacred oath has been broken and cannot be undone without Pythons, Diamondbacks and SAA's being fit together by hand.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I have said since the money woes surfaced that they could run all the Snake models again to get some major cash flow?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Colt needs to find someone that can design a new pistol that's a money maker for them. Look at the Sig P320. Sig came up with a new design that brings enough to the table that people are buying them and loving them. I don't think Colt can survive on past successes. If they were to come up with a winning design like the P320 that is both economical to manufacture and high quality, they would do well with it given the Colt name being attached. Colt's current pistols require a lot of effort to manufacture and you have to know what will sell before you build them. The P320 is a manufacturers dream in that Sig can crank out trigger groups by the tens of thousands and then just mate them to whatever slide group, caliber and frame module that the market is demanding at any given time. They don't need to know what's going to be hot in a year to start working on the core today. Colt needs that level of thinking to survive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Colt needs to find someone that can design a new pistol that's a money maker for them. Look at the Sig P320. Sig came up with a new design that brings enough to the table that people are buying them and loving them. I don't think Colt can survive on past successes. If they were to come up with a winning design like the P320 that is both economical to manufacture and high quality, they would do well with it given the Colt name being attached. Colt's current pistols require a lot of effort to manufacture and you have to know what will sell before you build them. The P320 is a manufacturers dream in that Sig can crank out trigger groups by the tens of thousands and then just mate them to whatever slide group, caliber and frame module that the market is demanding at any given time. They don't need to know what's going to be hot in a year to start working on the core today. Colt needs that level of thinking to survive.

Colt has been stuck in a rut.
    High profit Gov. Contracts have fed the beast while they ride on the coattails of early designs with a horse on the grips.

When things started changing inept Management milked the Colt Cow dry.
    I hate to see this but that is the reality of it.

Yes, they need something fresh but what. In a sea of plastic inexpensive offerings what can be new and exciting...???

Glock (Ugh...:)) CZ, Sig and many many others steered their ships into this years ago. Colt Languished.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Colt has been stuck in a rut.
    High profit Gov. Contracts have fed the beast while they ride on the coattails of early designs with a horse on the grips.

When things started changing inept Management milked the Colt Cow dry.
    I hate to see this but that is the reality of it.

Yes, they need something fresh but what. In a sea of plastic inexpensive offerings what can be new and exciting...???

Glock (Ugh...:)) CZ, Sig and many many others steered their ships into this years ago. Colt Languished.

In short, they need to find a way to bring John Moses Browning back to life.
    Can you just imagine what a mind like his could do if he were educated with all the modern CAM/CAD equipment?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Colt is to the gun world Much like the Indian name brand was to the Motorcycle industry before Polaris bought them. Struggling along trying to make it while pumping out trash machines with a revered name on the side. Now after Polaris Indian is a viable brand again with quality machines at a competitive price point for there targeted demographic. Maybe Norinco is Colt's Polaris? Also look on the bright side of this. If Norinco owns Colt now maybe they can use them as a vehicle to get another quality AK and SKS option in the US?

Or maybe its a conspiracy by the Chinese to take over America's arms makers and shut them down rendering us defenseless for the invasion.. I mean since this is INGO.

Top Bottom