• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    A. They didn't fire Irsay, they fired Polian. If you were a real fan, you would know that. So far, as far as I know, they have hired Ravens DC as the new HC. Steelers OC is the new Colts OC. Ravens had a good defense last year, this bodes well for the Colts. I don't know of any players being traded or signed from the Steelers. Just quit being a fan of the team. Real fans like the team no matter who plays.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I used to be a die hard fan till they tanked the possible perfect season, now I root for them, but if they lose..... meh.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Nascar fans biggest fear is losing that lone tooth holding out as long as it possibly can.

Good thing I work for INDY Car.

picture.php

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Actually no. I can't stand layton manning. He's always been afraid to get hit. When he started actually winning playoff games is when he quit with his "dancing feet" in the pocket.

No offense but did you even watch any of the Colts games? Saying you only started liking Manning/Colts when they started winning playoff games and will not be a fan any longer is more or less the definition of a fairweather/bandwagon fan. Just sayin lol. Not that I am complaining, with the "fans" gone it will be much easier to get reasonably priced tickets to the games. Cant wait until the 2012 season.

He still moves his feet, that is not a bad thing. But of course he hates getting hit, who wants to get planted by 280lb 6'3" dudes who bench 500lbs? Every QB who is smart and values his career does that. Its called living to fight another day.

There is a reason why a QB like Mike Vick misses much more time, he gets hit much more often. Same reason most RBs are done by 30 in the NFL, taking that punishment is not smart for a QB.

I liked the team when he quit doing that. If he retires, I will absolutely despise the colts. Why not just sit everyone out or forfeit for the entire season?

If you really think the team was trying to lose you just arent very bright. The Colts have 19 players who are free agents after this season. You think Wayne, Mathis, Garcon, Tamme, Saturday, etc want to have bad seasons in the final year of their contract? You really think Painter and Orlovsky try to lose games? Painter basically played himself out of the NFL, if you truly think he wanted to lose you are crazy. These are professionals, they do not WANT to lose. They have pride.

Why not fire Irsay sooner? Why? Because they wNted the 1st round pick.

That's pretty ****ty in my book.

Well Irsay is the owner so I doubt he would fire himself and they were going to get a first round pick either way.

I am assuming you meant Polian and I am fine with Polian being gone, he was slowing down his involvement and letting his son take over the GM job. Go look at the last 4 or 5 drafts, they were not good. The Colts have had a philosophy of drafting, grooming, and signing their own guys with very little action in free agency. That is all well and good when you are drafting good players to take the place of the guys who you let go in free agency. But when you suck at drafting you cannot get adequate replacements. Polian and his son left Indy in a salary cap hell with a not that stocked cupboard either. There is a reason he got let go in Buffalo and Carolina, two places he guided to successful runs. He is abrasive, controlling, and does not think he is ever wrong. He was just not as effective lately and his son was only being promoted because he was his son.

The local radio station said something about Indy getting a lot of Pittsburg coaches and players...It'd be like a clean swap...

I was thinking to myself "Indy Stealers"...they did move a team overnight once already...hmmmm.

But seriously, don't call me a bandwagon fan. I still root for Cincinnatti Reds every year!

They hired the Baltimore D coordinator as the coach. The Steelers offensive coordinator for the same position and the Steelers LB coach as the defensive coordinator. All three on paper seem like great signings.

I mean who wants coaches that have coaches two of the best defenses in the league for years and a coach who has done pretty well with Big Ben on offense.

Last edited:

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    Peyton or not, I still bleed blue.

If he is having that much trouble I would love to see him come on as an offensive coordinator. He's pretty much been doing that from the field his whole career anyway.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Become a Packer fan!!! We're not fairweather fans,we take to good with the bad, yes that means rooting for Eli instead of Aaron in the Super Bowl!!!! ( I will root for Brady when I buy my first cowboys jersey!!!)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Whether Manning's done or not I feel pretty priviledged to have had the opportunity to have seen him play so often.
    He may or may not be the greatest ever to play the position but if he's not, the list above him is pretty darned short. He's given a lot of excitement and passion to us for a dozen years.
    If he's done I look forward to another great QB to come along. It doesn't happen much.
    I'm just happy I've had this opportunity to watch him play.
    Best of Luck to Manning whatever his future holds for him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Whether Manning's done or not I feel pretty priviledged to have had the opportunity to have seen him play so often.
    He may or may not be the greatest ever to play the position but if he's not, the list above him is pretty darned short. He's given a lot of excitement and passion to us for a dozen years.
    If he's done I look forward to another great QB to come along. It doesn't happen much.
    I'm just happy I've had this opportunity to watch him play.
    Best of Luck to Manning whatever his future holds for him.

Very nice.
    He's been a class act, a good representative for the Colts, and for the University of Tennessee. I've been biased ever since he was with the Vols and was certainly glad when the Colts chose him over Ryan Leaf (I'll never forget some of those conversations, back then!). This past year really reminded me of how important he's been to us and provided a glimpse of the future, if we don't hit a home run--should he not return.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've had the sinking suspicion that he will retire since the Colts announced he was sidelined for the whole season last year.

It's been a fun ride! I'll hate to see it end: the funest time to be a Colts fan since they moved here. I dread the thought of watching the good ole days; back when they'd lose every game in Sept, then rally to make a wildcard game, only to lose it---ugh.....

Yep, just had to make sure he got that contract signed, got his bonus money for the season, and then keep making it look like he'd be back by the end of the season. Looked almost like Waterhead wanted to coast past March 8th. I HIGHLY doubt any organization would take a chance on him if the Colts cut him. He'll be nowhere worth his 7.4 million next year and with the bonus money, definitely not.

Don't lie, Bears fans wish they could have the potential to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. The Bears haven't had a truly elite QB since who knows when. Cutler may be that, but time will tell.

Colts fans truthfully dont know how lucky they are to be in this position. Luck is about as safe of a pick as you can get. Given his pedigree with an NFL father, the fact he spent a good part of his career learning under Jim Harbaugh, he has spent years working with Peyton at his camps, he ran a similar style offense in college, and most importantly the NFL rules make it much easier for a rookie QB to have success early.

The Colts could potentially have 25-30 years of legitimate pro bowl caliber QB play. That is nearly unheard of in the NFL.

I know many Colts fans are ready to bolt when Peyton retires/moves on, but they aren't real fans anyway. You are supposed to be a fan of your team, not only one player. With that being said, if and its certainly an if, the Colts start winning, maybe start competing for the AFC South, and who knows make some noise in the playoffs the fans that went away will come back. That is what fair weather or bandwagon fans do and this state is chalk full of them between IU hoops, ND football, Pacers, and the Colts.

MANY diehard Colts fans that I talk to are fairly upset with an almost sure pick of Luck. Most don't think he'll come close to living up to his expectations. Most also think it'll be another stretch of 2-5 win seasons until the team actually realizes that it needs quality depth.

Jopo43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Its just a Favre addiction but its Payton Manning....... both just one super bowl championship..... Colts sorta like the Atlanta Braves of the 90's great records one championship..... oh wait its Payton Manning... bring on the new guys and play some real defense and in your face coaching its football!!!

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Confirmed - Jim Caldwell signed with Baltimore as quarterback coach.

Confirmed - Colts hire Bruce Arians (Pittsburgh) as offensive coordinator.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yep, just had to make sure he got that contract signed, got his bonus money for the season, and then keep making it look like he'd be back by the end of the season. Looked almost like Waterhead wanted to coast past March 8th. I HIGHLY doubt any organization would take a chance on him if the Colts cut him. He'll be nowhere worth his 7.4 million next year and with the bonus money, definitely not.

MANY diehard Colts fans that I talk to are fairly upset with an almost sure pick of Luck. Most don't think he'll come close to living up to his expectations. Most also think it'll be another stretch of 2-5 win seasons until the team actually realizes that it needs quality depth.

I am a member on the Colts forums as well and you are right, many colts fans hate the idea of Manning leaving. It seems as some are so infatuated with Peyton that they hope Luck or RGIII will fail to somehow prove how great Peyton was. While I agree Manning was great, top 5 easily all time if not top 3 imo. But I also am a Colts fan first and want Indy to be successful after Manning is gone too.

The Atlanta Braves comparison is a foolish one imo, it would be more applicable if just one player took the Mariners to a run like Indy has had. The Colts have had bad defenses, bad special teams, mediocre coaching, and the past several years terrible running game as well. Who else could people have wanted Manning to do? He gets banged on for only one super bowl, but SBs are a team accomplishment, not just one great player. There aren't that many QBs who have even been to two SBs in a career. Its unfortunate his career may be cut short and to some extent its unfortunate he didn't get more help on the defensive side of the ball.

If Manning was on the Ravens the past 13 years think of how many rings he could have if he had an elite D backing him up every game. Its incredible to think of it really.

The Patriots in the early 2000s were similar to the Ravens but with a HOF QB. They had excellent special teams, great defense, excellent coaching, and were good offensively but not overwhelming. They managed 3 championships and 7-1 vs Indy from 00-05

Now compare that to the last 4 or 5 years. They are excellent offensively, good special teams, but bad defenses. 0 championships and 3-5 against indy from 05- current including this year without Peyton.

Not to mention the fact that NE won 11 games without Tom Terrific and Indy just managed 2 without Peyton. I am not saying Peyton was better, I am not sure he was. But I am saying Peyton has done as much with far less. Brady has been on excellent teams from day 1, Peyton was on a 3 win team and in two years lead them to 13 wins.

No as far as Luck. I think Luck is going to be a very good QB, I do not expect him to be Manning. Time will tell, but if the new coaching staff can get a quality defense for Luck or RGIIIs entire career, he could potentially have a more successful career than Peyton as far as winning goes. A good QB on a better team can go further than a great one on an average team.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I saw this morning that Tennessee fans are starting a fund to try to get Peyton for the Titans.
    I've got relatives in Nashville and without a doubt are football fanatics.
    IF he plays he stays here I figure.
    I think Irsay knows he'd have a huge mess on his hands letting Manning go.
    Still, it's a business and IF Manning can't get a medical clearance quick, I doubt Irsay/Colts dish out 28M.

Top Bottom