Colts fans- What did you think of the draft?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Well the NFL draft ended last night. Of course the Colts drafted Andrew Luck #1 overall, but they also draft 2 TEs, 2 WRs, a NT, a HB, an OLB, a T, and another QB with the last pick. I know that we won't know if the Colts had a good draft for a 2-3 years but it's still fun to talk about in the offseason.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I like it. It was time to rebuild the team.
    I also like the direction The Colts are attempting.
    It shows a commitment to the future of the team instead of just putting a team on the field.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I'm very interested to see how the 3-4 defense works out. I can see Mathis standing up but not Freeney. I think he'll get traded before summer.

They may give up more big plays on defense next year, but it will be nice to see more press coverage on 3rd and 3 instead of the corners playing 5 yds off the receiver. Might as well use Freeney this year, he can still be a valuable situational pass rusher in 4-3 sets, who knows maybe he can play OLB in a 3-4. His contract is up after this year and they'll probably let him walk which along with the cap hits no longer in place from this offseason should give the Colts huge cap room to work with in the 2013 offseason to address many of their needs.

tdm1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    i miss peyton and all the other guys we lost but in a way its the same as when they all came its just starting over good luck and go colts

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I like it. Luck coming in with a face hes used to seeing (Fleener) is probably good for him as well. Im interested to see how teh defense looks in the next couple years, as the coaching staff has more of a defensive history than years past.

This coming season will be rough, without a doubt... But give Luck a couple years, along with the new staff and players to get a system going. It will be a great organization again!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I think the first 4 picks were solid but that is about it. I am REALLY surprised we didn't get a CB. We desperately need one, erm two.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I think we did pretty well... Picking up that QB with the last pick may prove wise. It will allow him to develope (assuming he doesn't get cut) right along with Luck.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    anyone going to make it to training camp? Im hoping I will be on 2nd shift by then. I need to get an official helmet to get signed. I have around 30 signatures on my football

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I love the Andrew Luck pick. I think putting familiar people around him like Fleener and the other reciever from Stanford was a great decision too as they already have great chemistry together.

I think a potential steal for the colts is Josh Chapman. Chapman came from one of the best and most competitive highschools and colleges in the country, and was able to shine. He played a good part of last season hurt and still anchored a great defense. He has the potential to be our "guy" at NT for a long time.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I hope that Luck will be able to withstand all the Manning comparisons. How would anyone like the pressure of following a popular "hall of famer to be" champion ala Young to Montana... It is going to be tough for him no doubt. We should not forget that, if I am remembering correctly, Manning went 3-13 his first year.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I think we'll cheer as hard for this new generation, as we did the old generation. Change isn't an easy thing to handle, and this ain't gonna be anything like the Colts we're use to.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was hoping to go in a different direction and sign RGIII. I was also surprised Freeney didn't get traded at somepoint in the draft.

Top Bottom