• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    After watching Texan/Colts yesterday then Rams/Lion last evening I kept thinking the Rams/Lion were playing a much higher level. It's as though Texans/Colts are in the B league and Rams/Lions in the A league. Am I the only one that thought this?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    After watching Texan/Colts yesterday then Rams/Lion last evening I kept thinking the Rams/Lion were playing a much higher level. It's as though Texans/Colts are in the B league and Rams/Lions in the A league. Am I the only one that thought this?
    The playoff intensity was clear in the SNF game that was not felt in the Colts game. The hitting was harder the runners were running with way more urgency, like that next yard was to save the world and they wouldn’t be denied by anything.

So CP, why wouldn’t the Colts have that level of intensity? Both games were either a playoff rematch of a playoff play-in grudge match and the Colts game was a division rival to boot.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The playoff intensity was clear in the SNF game that was not felt in the Colts game. The hitting was harder the runners were running with way more urgency, like that next yard was to save the world and they wouldn’t be denied by anything.

So CP, why wouldn’t the Colts have that level of intensity? Both games were either a playoff rematch of a playoff play-in grudge match and the Colts game was a division rival to boot.

I’m not really in a position to question any football players’ level of intensity or commitment or whatever. They’re out there destroying their own bodies every week, not me. I could never look them in the eye and tell them they’re not trying hard enough. That’s just silly.

I just think the defense isn’t good enough. Like I’ve said a couple times, pass rush or bust. We got 4 sacks on Stroud but couldn’t get to him when it mattered most. It’s exactly like last season. Set a franchise record for sacks but they were like 28th or 29th in the league for points given up. After the first quarter or quarter and a half, teams will go max protect just like Houston did and carve up a weak secondary.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m not really in a position to question any football players’ level of intensity or commitment or whatever. They’re out there destroying their own bodies every week, not me. I could never look them in the eye and tell them they’re not trying hard enough. That’s just silly.

I just think the defense isn’t good enough. Like I’ve said a couple times, pass rush or bust. We got 4 sacks on Stroud but couldn’t get to him when it mattered most. It’s exactly like last season. Set a franchise record for sacks but they were like 28th or 29th in the league for points given up. After the first quarter or quarter and a half, teams will go max protect just like Houston did and carve up a weak secondary.
    I am not questioning “any football players level of intensity or commitment” I am questioning if the coaching staff has the team properly prepared and motivated. They have not won an opening game in 11 years. Why? Through multiple coaches this team is never ready to win on opening day. Some teams seem to win openers frequently. Why?

Just a couple of follow up questions, did you watch the SNF game, and if you did, did you see a difference in the intensity?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I am not questioning “any football players level of intensity or commitment” I am questioning if the coaching staff has the team properly motivated. They have not won an opening game in 11 years. Why? Through multiple coaches this team is never ready to win on opening day. Some teams seem to win openers frequently. Why?

Just a couple of follow up questions, did you watch the SNF game, and if you did, did you see a difference in the intensity?

I have no idea. We’re cursed? :dunno:

I really don’t know. Football is weird. A couple bounces go our way and that game is totally different. If JuJu gets that one foot in bounds on the INT or if Nico doesn’t make that insane catch on the critical 3rd down. Would we be questioning the coach staff if any of those tiny little things goes our way and we win? I’d kinda doubt it.

And definitely I’m not absolving the coaches of anything. If it was truly just an effort thing and the coaches didn’t have them prepared enough then yeah that’s unacceptable and they’ll have to own that.

There’s just absolutely no way for me (or anybody) to know that for certain.

The O-line and D-line were not good enough in the run game on both sides of the ball. That’s what cost us the game. We couldn’t run and we couldn’t stop the run. Hopefully they fix whatever or whoever was at fault.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I watched some of it. Not all of it. I didn’t notice any difference. Who knows. :dunno:
    I watched every minute of both games. I had picked both the Colts and Lions to win so my rooting interest was similar though I am a Colts fan far more, while more of a bandwagon fan of the current iteration of the Lions.

Maybe the SNF production makes it seem more intense, or possibly the Lions fans being in such a frenzy, although bugzilla reporter it was nuts at Lucas, I suspect the Lions fans were over the top. Are the fans too laid back at Lucas?

When JCSR pointed it out my immediate answer was, yes, I noticed it, now I’m trying to figure out why…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I watched every minute of both games. I had picked both the Colts and Lions to win so my rooting interest was similar though I am a Colts fan far more, while more of a bandwagon fan of the current iteration of the Lions.

Maybe the SNF production makes it seem more intense, or possibly the Lions fans being in such a frenzy, although bugzilla reporter it was nuts at Lucas, I suspect the Lions fans were over the top. Are the fans too laid back at Lucas?

When JCSR pointed it out my immediate answer was, yes, I noticed it, now I’m trying to figure out why…

To be fair, I did not watch the end of the game or OT so I bet that was some pretty electric football.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    New question, is it fair/equal treatment of all teams, that teams on MNF, SNF, and even the featured FOX afternoon game have way more cameras and angles to get calls correct but that those teams not featured regularly have less opportunity to get things right?

For example if the Chiefs/Ravens game was just a regular Sunday early game the camera angle that was used to determine if the receiver caught the TD that could determine who won the game would not have existed and the Ravens would have had a TD with the option of kicking to tie or a two point conversion to win, but the angle showed that the receivers foot was out of bounds, Chiefs won.

Shouldn’t all games have the same level of camera coverage if replay is a part of the game?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I suspect this is what Ballard wants to do but he just can’t deliver the goods. Correct me if I’m wrong here.

The 49ers got a 200-yard passing game from former Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy, a 125-yard running game from undrafted Jordan Mason, a 50-yard receiving game from 2020 seventh-round draft pick Jauan Jennings, and an interception from undrafted Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles. According to OptaSTATS, the 49ers are the only NFL team in the Super Bowl era to get those levels of production from four players who were drafted 200th or later or not drafted at all.

The 49ers also have undrafted Kevin Givens on the roster, as well as seventh-round picks Tatum Bethune and Ronnie Bell, sixth-round picks Nick Zakejj and Dee Winters, and seven former fifth-round picks in George Kittle, Colton McKivitz, Talanoa Hufanga, Jaylon Moore, Robert Beal, Darrell Luter and Deommodore Lenoir.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Colts haven’t had a legit separator since….TY? Wayne? Harrison?

If Richardson and Mitchell can get their timing in sync….my goodness

On this note, I’ve been catching up on some film breakdown of the game and it’s insane how open Mitchell gets all game. Just wild. He should’ve had a monster debut game but they were just a hair off. I am super optimistic about AD going forward.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom