• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Overall his debut was impressive. They just have to find a way to surround him with some weapons players to capitalize on the talent
    Remember this is a rebuilding year to teach a new QB. Sounds like he is a great kid and working hard but he doesn’t have the foundational knowledge of PM when he was a rookie, he went 3-13, and this is not a stacked SF team that Purdy popped up on.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Remember this is a rebuilding year to teach a new QB. Sounds like he is a great kid and working hard but he doesn’t have the foundational knowledge of PM when he was a rookie, he went 3-13, and this is not a stacked SF team that Purdy popped up on.

Unless you’re a Luck or a Manning, it’s normally not until year 3 or 4 when they really break out.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh I'm crystal clear on that. I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch most of the 2nd half. But based on what I saw in the first half, they need to find some offensive weapons to surround him with. IMHO based on what I saw, they may rely on him to run the ball just a bit too much. And AR much like Luck as a rookie doesn't seem too eager to learn to slide. That could be a recipe for disaster.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    FYI, ESPN is back on Spectrum cable so MNF is on tonight…
    BTW, Spectrum won the battle. Their customers are or will get Disney+ and ESPN+ and future ESPN streaming for no additional cost. The money part of the deal was set before the channels were pulled. Did any of you read my post from Clay Travis on the future of sports and cable?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow! Crazy timing fir Rodgers injury.

“Before the game, the Jets’ three captains — C.J. Mosley, Justin Hardee and Rodgers — took the field for the coin toss. And there was an honorary captain: former Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde.”

“In 1999, the Jets, with a 36-year-old Testaverde, felt like they were Super Bowl contenders. In the first game, against the Patriots, Testaverde ruptured his Achilles, and his season ended.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom