• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A playoff spot? Yes. I want the scenario where the Jags are guaranteed a playoff spot with or without a win this week. If they face an elimination scenario, I don't see any way that they lose to the Titans.
    The Jags don’t have that guarantee. Their only option is win and #4 seed, lose and out. So both teams face elimination with a loss, but the Jags are guaranteed the #4 seed if they win.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Correct, which is why it is better for the Jags to be more complacent in their game vs the Titans. It increases the chance (which is incredibly low, IMHO) that the Titans somehow beat the Jags, thereby handing the Colts the division.
    Really going to come down to if the injury prone Levis can play this week…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t think I’ve heard the word “sellout” used all season long. Lots of empty seats every game, though. And way too many fans for the opposing teams.
    Neither of those are definitions of “sellout”. I do not begrudge families that buy season tickets and to keep the package affordable they need to sell off tickets a couple of hot games. Then I have some friends that live in Indy area, that are transplants from other cities, they have deep loyalties to their old home team but love football and buy Colts season tickets to see their team and others. They likely also sell some hot games to reduce the overall cost.

Then, don’t forget that significant numbers of season tickets are owned by corporations, sometimes even suites are empty. Just making the point that they are not traitors as some portray them. Without them we may face TV blackouts. Did the NFL do away with blackouts? I haven’t heard the threat of one in a long time.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Jags don’t have that guarantee. Their only option is win and #4 seed, lose and out. So both teams face elimination with a loss, but the Jags are guaranteed the #4 seed if they win.
    No, that's not true. The Jags get the 7 seed if:

1) Titans beat Jags
    2) Ravens beat Steelers
    3) Raiders beat Broncos

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don’t think I’ve heard the word “sellout” used all season long. Lots of empty seats every game, though. And way too many fans for the opposing teams.
    Determination of a sellout has precisely nothing to do with butts in seats. It has to do with ticket sales.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It’s a funny game. I really like Stroud’s approach, but you never know as a game goes on. Good first drive? Bad first drive? Turnover? So many things can change your mindset on the fly. The best make it happen for 60 minutes even when things go wrong at times. Poise, that’s the word. Who can maintain enough of it to win?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting details. Cincy at 8-8 but has lost every division game and is 8-3 out if the division. The AFC North could have all four winning teams if Cincy and Pittsburgh win. All divisions but the west will have two representatives in the AFC.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Interesting details. Cincy at 8-8 but has lost every division game and is 8-3 out if the division. The AFC North could have all four winning teams if Cincy and Pittsburgh win. All divisions but the west will have two representatives in the AFC.
    Unless the Jags lose Sunday. (Then, if the Broncos win, I think they get the 7 seed, giving the West 2 teams and the South just 1 team?)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    E
    Unless the Jags lose Sunday. (Then, if the Broncos win, I think they get the 7 seed, giving the West 2 teams and the South just 1 team?)
    Everything I see says they are out. I also couldn’t get a combination to put them in on the calculator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom