• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I don't know that you can say this though. There have been some games where the D saved their bacon. It's like the whole team (both sides of the ball) are bipolar. I'm not sure you can blame one side or the other. Now, granted, with the injuries to the defensive starters, it has hurt them, no doubt.
    Yeah, but 27+ points a game should be enough to win most games. You are right though, sometimes both sides look like playoff teams, then they turn back into what we know they are. I will say the offense, with turnovers and lots of three and outs, do not help the defense out at all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, but 27+ points a game should be enough to win most games. You are right though, sometimes both sides look like playoff teams, then they turn back into what we know they are. I will say the offense, with turnovers and lots of three and outs, do not help the defense out at all.
    It's like this target. :): Just substitute "You Lost" for "You Suck". And add "You Won" to the bullseye.

1698967998380.png

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    They should be winning games, even with a backup QB. They score enough points. Their defense is just terrible. the D line and secondary in particular are just bad.

1) The Grover Stewart suspension was such a huge loss. He’s a dominant nose tackle.

2) They’re down their top like 3 or 4 cornerbacks.

Isaiah Rodgers suspended/cut
    Dallas Flowers on IR
    Julius Brents hurt

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    56% completion percentage
    0 TD
    1 INT
    He stood in the pocket, didn’t panic, made some great throws. The interception was a desperation throw with on third down with seconds left in the game down four. Yep, stats are not great but neither are the titans. The difference in the game was the Steelers took Hopkins out of the game the entire second half…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    He stood in the pocket, didn’t panic, made some great throws. The interception was a desperation throw with on third down with seconds left in the game down four. Yep, stats are not great but neither are the titans. The difference in the game was the Steelers took Hopkins out of the game the entire second half…

I definitely think there’s really no reason to go back to Tannehill. That team has to move on from him. They’ve been trotting out the Tannehill/Henry duo for what feels like a decade. It ain’t workin.

Also, Levis had a passer rating of 66.

Richardson never had a game below 75.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There's lots of time left in the season but I'm left with feeling the Colts will be in draft pergatory. They'll win enough games to claim they weren't tanking, but they won't lose enough games to get a high 1st pick. Not good enough and not bad enough is a tough spot for an NFL team.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    There's lots of time left in the season but I'm left with feeling the Colts will be in draft pergatory. They'll win enough games to claim they weren't tanking, but they won't lose enough games to get a high 1st pick. Not good enough and not bad enough is a tough spot for an NFL team.

Been that way for almost 30 years. Actually there’s only been a few teams since Manning that really bottomed out.

2011 when Manning had the neck surgery. 2-14. Drafted Luck.

2017 was the Brissett year when Luck was out with injuries. 4-12. Big trade and drafted Nelson, Leonard, Braden Smith, etc.

And last season, which was a total train wreck from top to bottom. 4-12-1 Drafted Richardson.

Other than those, I’m not sure that we’ve even had a top ten pick in all the other drafts. Even in our horrid seasons the past ten years, we still manage to win 4 games that keeps us out of the top pick.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Been that way for almost 30 years. Actually there’s only been a few teams since Manning that really bottomed out.

2011 when Manning had the neck surgery. 2-14. Drafted Luck.

2017 was the Brissett year when Luck was out with injuries. 4-12. Big trade and drafted Nelson, Leonard, Braden Smith, etc.

And last season, which was a total train wreck from top to bottom. Drafted Richardson.

Other than those, I’m not sure that we’ve even had a top ten pick in all the other drafts.
    Colts fans have been spoiled for a while, Manning then Luck. For those old enough, there is memory of the Colts from 1984-1998. Were the Colts in the lowest quartile of the lowest quartile during that period?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Colts fans have been spoiled for a while, Manning then Luck. For those old enough, there is memory of the Colts from 1984-1998. Were the Colts in the lowest quartile of the lowest quartile during that period?
    Which reminds me of all of the Colts "fans" on social media, pining for Will Levis. Do you not remember the Jeff George era?!?

(Admittedly, most of them weren't born yet...)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Which reminds me of all of the Colts "fans" on social media, pining for Will Levis. Do you not remember the Jeff George era?!?

(Admittedly, most of them weren't born yet...)
    I was all in on Will Levis and think the Colts blew it by passing on him. But he's not our QB. Once AR gets healthy I think those fans will be happy with what we have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom