• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I am one of them. I am standing firm on my being mistaken and the statements I made in the negative.

Me too, it’s hard not to be skeptical of a guy that’s always played backup, and is now gonna be starting QB replacing a franchise QB. But so far even his bad games has looked pretty good. He doesn’t force the ball, runs when given the chance, and overall pretty good awareness for a first year starter. I’m curious if they’ll have him start a few more seasons or look for another QB, I kinda wanna see how he develops.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Me too, it’s hard not to be skeptical of a guy that’s always played backup, and is now gonna be starting QB replacing a franchise QB. But so far even his bad games has looked pretty good. He doesn’t force the ball, runs when given the chance, and overall pretty good awareness for a first year starter. I’m curious if they’ll have him start a few more seasons or look for another QB, I kinda wanna see how he develops.

Brissett is not going anywhere, look for him to get a new contract...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I didn’t realize that either. I think he’s done a better job than Luck would’ve this year honestly. I was skeptical at first but he’s shut a lot of critics up

Yeah let’s calm down on the Luck comparisons for now. The Colts, like all 31 other teams in the NFL, would take Luck over Brissett 100 times out of 100. I’m not knocking Brissett at all. He has performed well above expectations for sure, but he’s no Andrew Luck.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah let’s calm down on the Luck comparisons for now. The Colts, like all 31 other teams in the NFL, would take Luck over Brissett 100 times out of 100. I’m not knocking Brissett at all. He has performed well above expectations for sure, but he’s no Andrew Luck.

Youre right. He’s not sitting on the bench with a cast for10 million. We never made an afc championship with luck. He was a bit overrated

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Youre right. He’s not sitting on the bench with a cast for10 million. We never made an afc championship with luck. He was a bit overrated

Luck wasn't overrated. Just didn't have the OL that he needed, plus our defense wasn't that great. Luck is not Manning, where he compensated for quick throws for collapsing OL.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I think we can all agree that the team around Brissett right now is better than any team Luck ever played with, by a wide margin. Luck did drag a bad team to an AFC title game and got blown out by the Pats.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I agree to an extent, but there’s more to being a great QB than completing passes. His health couldn’t withstand the nfl. He only played 86 games in 7 seasons. You can’t put all the blame on the team. Lots of QB’s have a crap O Line and still adjust their game to make something of it. I don’t dislike luck, and I’m happy for him and his family... but he was never gonna be a manning replacement, and it’s obvious now that he wasnt cut out for the NFL. The colts have never had an o line, or a decent defense except a couple years out of Manning’s career with them, but they always had successful years and almost always went to the afc championship and twice to the big game. Good QB’s can overcome obstacles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe make a season or two without injuries, and an AFC championship with Brissett, and then talk about who’s better. He ain’t better until he’s better. But dang, he’s looking pretty good so far.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe make a season or two without injuries, and an AFC championship with Brissett, and then talk about who’s better. He ain’t better until he’s better. But dang, he’s looking pretty good so far.

I can agree with that, but let’s give him the same time frame of 7 years and then compare stats. Last year was lucks best season, and it wasn’t a mvp performance. So far brissetts “rookie year” is looking better than lucks.

I think luck was good, I just didn’t think he was a franchise QB worthy of the praise he got. Given, having chuck for a coach didn’t help him any

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I can agree with that, but let’s give him the same time frame of 7 years and then compare stats. Last year was lucks best season, and it wasn’t a mvp performance. So far brissetts “rookie year” is looking better than lucks.

I think luck was good, I just didn’t think he was a franchise QB worthy of the praise he got. Given, having chuck for a coach didn’t help him any

Will definitely be interesting to see how Brissett does tomorrow with a depleted receiving core against a decent defense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The colts offensive line was **** for most of Luck’s first years, so it’s really not fair to compare that. Luck had a pretty good year last year, but still didn’t produce a stellar seasonwith a pretty good offensive line last year. I wouldn’t credit all the colts success to Brissett. They have a pretty good all around solid team for the first time in years. Brissett is only part of that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Will definitely be interesting to see how Brissett does tomorrow with a depleted receiving core against a decent defense.

We'll have to wait and see how good a job the Colts coaching staff prepares for the Steelers.
    Colts coaching has been good enough to squeak out close wins.
    Pittsburg has feasted on Indy for quite a few years.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ok who should I make my first bet on in this game, Colts+1, Moneyline, and O/U @ 40?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    ok who should I make my first bet on in this game, Colts+1, Moneyline, and O/U @ 40?

As much as I hate to say it, I would put money on the Steelers. I think I might take the under on this one too. Colts receiving core is wounded. Pittsburgh will be loaded up to stop the run and daring Indy to throw. Also, an indoor team playing outside in Pittsburgh in November. While far from brutal, the cool weather and slight wind might be a factor. I think it's a low score ballgame.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As much as I hate to say it, I would put money on the Steelers. I think I might take the under on this one too. Colts receiving core is wounded. Pittsburgh will be loaded up to stop the run and daring Indy to throw. Also, an indoor team playing outside in Pittsburgh in November. While far from brutal, the cool weather and slight wind might be a factor. I think it's a low score ballgame.

This game will prove the metal of this Colts team. Playing a team they should beat, will the KC beater Colts show or the Raider losers?

Will AV kick well in Pittsburgh?

6-2 leaving Pittsburgh would be 4 wins from an almost certain playoff spot. 5-3 not so much...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm just glad it warmed up enough that I could come back out to the deck to watch the game out here. (Okay, I have the table top heater on, but it's still better than sitting inside.) Gotta pick up my wings at Pizza Hut at 12:45 which will put me back home for kickoff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom