Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Saw a good stat on Twitter today.

The 2017 Colts had a lead going into the 4th quarter 9 times.
    They went 4-5.

The 2018 Colts had a lead going into the 4th quarter 8 times.
    They went 7-1.

Coaching. Coaching. And more coaching.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Looks like the Colts OC and DC coordinators are sought after as head coach candidates.
    Cleveland has requested permission to talk with them.

Frank Reich and his staff have done an incredible job this year. Reich should be Coach of the Year, and his staff should get a little love come interview time. Eat a bag of dicks Josh McDaniels!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Frank Reich and his staff have done an incredible job this year. Reich should be Coach of the Year, and his staff should get a little love come interview time. Eat a bag of dicks Josh McDaniels!

Well said. Irsay, Ballard, and Reich need to do what they can to keep the band together for next year. They've had great success with a young team. And they will have room in the budget to add some more depth for next season.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Cleveland is a great example of where NOT to go and take a head coach position.
    Management is clueless about winning football.

They've had numerous coaches and managers just in the last decade or so.
    With all the first round pics recently they should have at least two Super bowl titles

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Cleveland is a great example of where NOT to go and take a head coach position.
    Management is clueless about winning football.

They've had numerous coaches and managers just in the last decade or so.
    With all the first round pics recently they should have at least two Super bowl titles

This might have been true a few years ago, but I'm not sure it applies today. In fact, from what I've heard so far, the Browns might be the most attractive of the eight openings so far. They have what appears to be a franchise QB, a GM that seems to have his act together, and a fairly talented roster. Ownership is still awful, but if they can learn to be hands off and let the football folks run things, then I think the Browns will be on their way to respectability.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    This might have been true a few years ago, but I'm not sure it applies today. In fact, from what I've heard so far, the Browns might be the most attractive of the eight openings so far. They have what appears to be a franchise QB, a GM that seems to have his act together, and a fairly talented roster. Ownership is still awful, but if they can learn to be hands off and let the football folks run things, then I think the Browns will be on their way to respectability.

IMO... Cleveland will need to show continued progress in 2019 before I believe they are the real deal (similar to your view that they will be ON THEIR WAY to respectability). They will need a coaching staff that continues to innovate if they want to move forward... otherwise, there are too many good teams/coaching staffs that will game plan their top talent right out of the game.

Again, in my opinion, this is where the Colts have fallen flat the last couple of coaches as well as the end of the Dungy era. I'm not talking about gimmicky stuff... teams have to intelligently innovate to win. The reality is that the players in the NFL from best to worst team are all pretty damn talented. The NFL now has film on Cleveland (and the Chiefs for that matter) and I expect teams to play them very differently in 2019. If the new Cleveland coaching staff does their job, it will be a moving target... If they don't... welcome back low draft pick.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Mind blowing stat #86 from this year. Darius Leonard and Quentin Nelson both named First-Team All-Pro. Last two rookies to do that from the same team? Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus....daaaang...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom