Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's over now.
    I wish the Colts would have won but I gave them zero chance going into the game. They covered the points and I didn't see that coming either.
    Overall it's still improvement.
    This team is learning how to win but not there yet.
    I like the product on the field.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It's over now.
    I wish the Colts would have won but I gave them zero chance going into the game. They covered the points and I didn't see that coming either.

Clearly the defense is lightyears ahead of where everybody thought they would be, which is very encouraging. Too many wasted opportunities in the red zone today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's over now.

All in all they don't have to hang their heads over this one. I don't think anybody saw them staying in the game like they did. Yes, some dumb penalties on the defense in the 4th, but that may be because of new players' jitters. Much better, but still room for improvement, and I do believe they will continue to improve under this coach.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That 12 minute drive was what ended it for them. We penalized the ball most of the way. Their running back is a freaking bull dozer. Mother of all that is Holy the man is a beast. Thy had the defending SB champs in a serious battle today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That 12 minute drive was what ended it for them. We penalized the ball most of the way. Their running back is a freaking bull dozer. Mother of all that is Holy the man is a beast. Thy had the defending SB champs in a serious battle today.
    You can't say that!! :runaway: Now you have to ban yourself!

:):

But yes, you're right on all counts. New coach, new strategies, (mostly) new lineup on defense, injured starters on the offensive line, and yet they hung in there and had a chance at the end.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    But yes, you're right on all counts. New coach, new strategies, (mostly) new lineup on defense, injured starters on the offensive line, and yet they hung in there and had a chance at the end.

Yeah I’m staying positive on this one. Nobody expected us to hang with them. If the defense continues to show up and play as awesome as they have the last two weeks, and Luck gets out of his funk to get this offense rolling, look out man. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in this season we reel off four or five wins in a row.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I’m staying positive on this one. Nobody expected us to hang with them. If the defense continues to show up and play as awesome as they have the last two weeks, and Luck gets out of his funk to get this offense rolling, look out man. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point in this season we reel off four or five wins in a row.

There was a lot of missed opportunity's on both sides of the ball for the Colts today.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    All in all they don't have to hang their heads over this one. I don't think anybody saw them staying in the game like they did. Yes, some dumb penalties on the defense in the 4th, but that may be because of new players' jitters. Much better, but still room for improvement, and I do believe they will continue to improve under this coach.

The coaching alone is a significant improvement.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Absolutely. Night and day. And their draft strategy appears to be paying off as well. Luck has to feel relieved too. Instead of relying on him to carry the team, he actually is starting to get a team around him to help with the load.

NEW people AND NEW playbook.
    This is a rebuilding year, Colts are setting NFL records for starting rookies in games and everyone is starting on an even keel.
    This team MIGHT fall on it's face next game and never recover BUT I'm thinking Reich is LEADING this team into the proper mindsets, habits, direction.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Since 1994, only four players have had 41 or more tackles in the first three weeks: Ray Lewis, London Fletcher, Zach Thomas, and our rookie linebacker Darius Leonard. Kid’s a freak.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom