• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The magazine issue for the 15-22 is just since things went crazy. I bought 5 factory S&W magazines from midway in November with no problems.

BTW, I noticed that Applied Ballistics in Lafayette has a couple of high cap factory magazines for the Colt rifle if anyone is looking.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    The mossy is junk. I haven't shot one but, I have held several at different shows. My brother almost bought one until I let him shoot my 15-22.

He went out and bought that instead and has never looked back. Besides, it's a GREAT training platform for your AR. All the same controls, unlike the colt or mossy. Add a slit bit of weight to it and set it up just like your SHTF AR and you're good to go.

That is what both me and my brother have done. 4-7 cents per round vs 60-1.00 per round while getting almost the same shooting experience minus the slightly heavier recoil is pretty good.
    I wouldn't call it junk. I have both the Mossy and 15-22 for my son. The mossy is much like a dressed 10/22 in cosmetics. (A plinkster in a AR style stock) it shoots flawlessly and has been reliable for my son. For an under $300 rifle it has done good. I prefer the 15-22 as does my son for the AR similarities in function but the Mossy has served it's purpose.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    i owned a colt.....and i would never buy another one. it did shoot good. but its cheaply made, and its ammo picky. When you break it down, its almost impossible to clean. The bolt release is not functional. Its not really a colt. The m&p is a really nice piece. Well made, easy to dissasemble and clean, and it shoots good. If i was going to buy and AR 22, it would be a m&p without a doubt.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    M&P AR 15-22

Love my M&P. Attended my first Appleseed in North Vernon and it ran great with bulk ammo. Couple FTE and one FTF in 10 AQT's and multiple Red Coat sessions. contribute those to bulk pack Remington ammo.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Picked up a Colt today. NIB $480. I couldn't find the 15-22. I need to get it sighted in (I didn't put it on a bench yet), but it shoots fine. Doesn't rattle. I'll post any negatives I come across.

Underdogg39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I've fired both and I'm a fan of the smith. Probably helped that the smith had trigger work done already. I purchased the smith after firing both. I've put several hundred rounds down rage since I purchased it and have no complaints.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    This is the Colt I bought for the wife and daughter. So far it's shot flawlessly with both Federal Bulk and Remington thunderbolt. It's kind of a pain to clean... First drawback.
    picture.php

After some mods.
    picture.php

Top Bottom