• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i had an anaconda. i absolutely loved it . someone sold it for a very stupid reason. if the quality is as good is it was . i would buy a python and anaconda.once the tooth fairy gives me the money lol.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Anyone know what they did to modify their contracts with the Union to get the 600 lb. gorilla in the room down to a more manageable size? I can't see them ever investing in the tooling to make DA revolvers again, never mind the skilled labor to make that happen is long gone from the plant and most of those guys have likely passed on by now.

Aside from gov contracts how they can turn a profit building M-4 knockoff's for the civilian market (albeit darn good ones) and a limited line of auto's and SA revolvers with union labor in a leased CT facility? The cost of just turning the lights on in that place every day on account of that has to be astronomical.

It wasn't the union labor that caused the problems for Colt.

THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    Haha kind of funny. My buddy just went nuts at one of our local gun stores. He was buying up all things colt. I think he walked out with 3 handguns and an ar 15. It wasn't funny that they were going out of business, but I will have to give him crap about it now that they are holding their head above water.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Haha kind of funny. My buddy just went nuts at one of our local gun stores. He was buying up all things colt. I think he walked out with 3 handguns and an ar 15. It wasn't funny that they were going out of business, but I will have to give him crap about it now that they are holding their head above water.

^^^ This is classic ^^^

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Colt has had its day. There are to many great gun Co. that make great guns for better prices. Colt had its day and is living off of a old name that stood for quality at one time.

When Colt was selling their SA for $2000, Ruger took up the slack and was selling their SA for a little over $300. Yes the Colts were great guns and most were used as wall hangers. The Rugers got shot and used for hunting. Colt was living off its name and in fact still is. They have made nothing in years that is worth the price they are asking for. It is just to easy to go to an other Co. and get a better product for a better price. Yes I know it isn't a Colt. So What. Colt is not the end all and be all, they have proven it to many times.

Top Bottom