• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    So, I'm on the way to Roush this morning to meet up with a few INGO friends and I stop by Riverside Bait and Tackle on the north side of Marion. The Mrs. needed to get some hooks and sinkers and we figured we'd pick up a few targets while we were there.

...and what do I see, you ask?

Yup, a Colt Mustang 380. Not the new one - this was an original version. I couldn't help but fondle it while my wife was looking around the shop. The guy had $699.00 on it - a little much in my opinion. It was a little rough around the edges. Still, it took quite a bit of willpower not to start haggling over the price. I have always wanted one of these little gems.

So, let me live vicariously through someone and YOU go buy it.

Then let me shoot it.

:yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nice! We took in a Colt Gov't .380 Pocketlite last week; it didn't last long. IMO, $699 is WAY high on a used Mustang, when the new ones are (or will be) selling for about $600.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Nice! We took in a Colt Gov't .380 Pocketlite last week; it didn't last long. IMO, $699 is WAY high on a used Mustang, when the new ones are (or will be) selling for about $600.

Sweet! It's just a gun that I NEVER see around here in the LGS. It was sort of like being star struck, even though I know the price was too high.

I don't know - I haven't really dug into the new variant and how (if any) it differs from the original. I may just wind up going with a new pocketlite some time down the road. At least then I will know it's history and such...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I haven't really dug into the new variant and how (if any) it differs from the original.

It doesn't, aside from being made out of better materials on more modern machinery. The one I shot in January was nearly identical to the original, cosmetically, but felt more "solid" and had a much smoother action and better trigger than the "vintage" Mustangs I've handled. Shot very well, with no malfunctions or other issues to report (like the slide stop falling out, as was common with the originals).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_BUHPEp_Uuw

Last edited:
    Top Bottom