• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Looking for a shop in or close to Indianapolis that a the Colt M45A1. I have pretty much decided that is going to be my next pistol but I would like to see one close up before I make the final decision. I was deciding between a Sig scorpion carry 1911 and the M45A1. I like both for different reason but I think the colt is edging out the sig. I have held the sig before but not the colt. Would the colt competition series pistols be a good stand in for comparison. The pistol will be an occasional carry gun, range gun, and shoot some steel matches or 3 gun with it.

thanks
    Jim

willforu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I am in Michigan and I called Cabelas in Saginaw and Dundee for an M45. Dundee is supposed to get back with me about ordering one. I am waiting for a quote. I called the Gander Mountain and they did not have one either.

I am with you. I want one too. I was looking for a series 70 and I probably will pick up a Ruger SR1911 but I have to get a M45A1 Close Quarters Combat Pistol. As a Marine I have to get one of these to go with my Benelli M4.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    They are hard to find, and expensive generally around $1600 or so I would pick up a Dan Wesson much better gun for the money. With the M45 you are paying for the Colt name and the Marine Corps lineage.

Last edited:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I saw 1 a while back at a lgd. The finish had several chips it in. When i pointed it out to the salesman he said he was aware of that. They were still selling it for 2100. I agree with dean crail, for that money go with a dw

willforu1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    They are hard to find, and expensive generally around $1600 or so I would pick up a Dan Wesson much better fun for the money. With the M45 you are paying for the Colt name and the Marine Corps lineage.
    Probably true but still I got to have one.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Collectors will pay that premium, knowing that a few years or decade down the road, they can sell it for the $1600 they bought it for, maybe more, especially if Colt goes "no sales of this weapon to Civvies" like they did in the past with a few of their products.

Want a 1911? MUCH better choices out there that don't have proprietary recoil systems or a history of frame cracking like with the Colt. lol

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I had to wait for a while for mine to show up at the lgs. The first one to show had the usmc on it. Damn I wanted that one. Mine was never displayed. Condition is flawless. Here it is pictured with my 10mm and .45 DW's.
    2jxlvk.jpg

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the review Dean. I found one in a shop and am going to go look at it tomorrow. Depending on the price, I will probably get it. For the amount of shooting I will do with it, most of the cons are not really cons for me. Everybody has brands that they value more than others, same with cars or tractors. I did pick up a colt competition in 9mm last weekend, so hopefully I will get that to the range soon to see how it does compared to my 1991A1.
    Jim

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I stopped in to Point Blank in Greenwood. They have one in the case, it is one of the newer ion bonded guns. It did feel good in my hand, but I didn't buy it. They had it marked at 1699.00 and wouldn't budge. They also had a stainless rail gun right next to it for 1200.00 that almost came home with me. I am going to see what my shop in Anderson can get it for before i go to GB. I don't think I could justify spending more that 1500.00 on it.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Jim

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped in to Point Blank in Greenwood. They have one in the case, it is one of the newer ion bonded guns. It did feel good in my hand, but I didn't buy it. They had it marked at 1699.00 and wouldn't budge. They also had a stainless rail gun right next to it for 1200.00 that almost came home with me. I am going to see what my shop in Anderson can get it for before i go to GB. I don't think I could justify spending more that 1500.00 on it.
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Jim

Definitely don't pay 1200 for a railgun that seems very overpriced

Top Bottom