• Total voters

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    this is a difficult decision. try to base your vote on which weapon was the biggest game changer. both weapon designs are now over 100 years old. which on do you feel shaped the country more?
    And hell, john wayan used both, and he is never wrong.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seeing as how the 1911 is now arguably the most popular platform made today with no signs of going away anytime soon. I voted 1911.

Also I have a Colt 1911 in layaway so its the only thing on my mind right now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The 1911 was the game changer. The SAA (while cool) was not a "game changer" as there had been big bore single actions out already. One could argue that the Schofield was at least as popular in the old west if not as popular in Hollywood's version of the old west.

The 1911 took the semi auto pistol into a new realm as far as fighting pistols go. It was the first semi auto military handgun that fired a true big bore cartridge and did it reliably and with little maintenance.

The Colt SAA was not so much a "game changer" as it was the natural evolution of Colt's that had been made for the previous 40 years.

All offered IMHO ofcourse.

Indicuky

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I own and hold both in high esteem. Both were game changers, and unlike many others, were never really killed off by the competition. Shooting the old Colt SAA is nice and leisurely, like enjoying a good glass of wine, esthetically pleasing on several levels. When it was time for business, an arrest or a Search Warrant, out came old ugly, and together we got the job done... so I guess I have to pick the 1911. OK, so why do I feel guilty?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    The 1911 was the game changer. The SAA (while cool) was not a "game changer" as there had been big bore single actions out already. One could argue that the Schofield was at least as popular in the old west if not as popular in Hollywood's version of the old west.

The 1911 took the semi auto pistol into a new realm as far as fighting pistols go. It was the first semi auto military handgun that fired a true big bore cartridge and did it reliably and with little maintenance.

The Colt SAA was not so much a "game changer" as it was the natural evolution of Colt's that had been made for the previous 40 years.

All offered IMHO ofcourse.

Indicuky

perfect , c'mon who's not going to vote 1911 :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's a tough call, but in the end, I gave it to the 1911. Both changed the industry, but the M1911 is still influencing manufacturers 100 years into it's life. Both are iconic American sidearms, but I think the M1911 did more to change the course of firearm history than the SAA did.

Top Bottom