• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Went to 21centery is $$$ burning a hole in my pocket evadently.came home with new Colt AR 15 M4 22LR uses ar part and accessories. flat top,
    6 position stock, 30 round mag. nice looking and I beleave well built internals are carl walther of germany (walther pistols)anyway will post pics and range report saturday.

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    found out today the the dust cover is for looks,we had a customer come in with one today with red dot mount and alot of little extra,I looked real nice and didnt break the bank beefing it up.all in all its not bad for the money and cheap to shoot.... great choice....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just out of curiousity, what did you give for it? Don't have to answer if you don't wanna. Obviously. :D

Just curious because my Upper costs more than these are going on Gun Broker and mine's just a Spikes upper. They're fun to shoot I'll give ya that!

Also, what do you mean the dust cover is just for looks?

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Just out of curiousity, what did you give for it? Don't have to answer if you don't wanna. Obviously. :D

Just curious because my Upper costs more than these are going on Gun Broker and mine's just a Spikes upper. They're fun to shoot I'll give ya that!

Also, what do you mean the dust cover is just for looks?

21centery price $599 but I talked him down some and got a 2nd mag.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    21centery price $599 but I talked him down some and got a 2nd mag.

I think Bradis is around that price. I seen it. My jaw dropped at the idea of having an entire for $600, instead of just my Spike's upper. I ran my spike's upper this morning for about 4 mags I didn't have any issues at all.

BUT, .22LR is a dirty creature and I began to have a few stovepipes, due to the need to clean it. I ran it dry without any lube, it seems to run better that way. Another reason I run it dry is b/c I have not found a lube that will NOT join in with the dirty ammo to just gunk up the action even more. It's like a 'doublewhammy'.

Let me know how it runs.

Also, what brand mag (s) come with it? I've had a good time with my black, black dog machine, 27 rounders.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    It wouldn't really be an entire, though, because the lower and upper are only compatible together. They aren't interchangeable like actual AR things.

But needless to say, they do look fun. I'd like to hear how they function.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I am about a month from going up to 21st and getting one also! I looked at them at Pops and he was quite a bit higher in price and he said it was a 50 rd mag but I didnt believe him. I really wanna shoot one now that I have held one! Looks to be a really nice training gun and fun plinker! I really didnt wanna do the conversion so I personall would rather have a dedicated 22lr!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I shot a lot of rounds through mine today. I've got it set up almost like my 'home defender' AR. I was doing a couple small drills with it today, at .03 cents a round.

Who can beat that?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think Bradis is around that price. I seen it. My jaw dropped at the idea of having an entire for $600, instead of just my Spike's upper. I ran my spike's upper this morning for about 4 mags I didn't have any issues at all.

BUT, .22LR is a dirty creature and I began to have a few stovepipes, due to the need to clean it. I ran it dry without any lube, it seems to run better that way. Another reason I run it dry is b/c I have not found a lube that will NOT join in with the dirty ammo to just gunk up the action even more. It's like a 'doublewhammy'.

Let me know how it runs.

Also, what brand mag (s) come with it? I've had a good time with my black, black dog machine, 27 rounders.

I feel the same about the price but as stated below, I like that mine is interchangable. That now offsets the cost factor to me.

I didn't know about the lube issue. Wouldn't running it dry be bad for wear issues?

The mags are much different from the looks of them. The colt mags actually look like aluminum with windows like the PMags.

It wouldn't really be an entire, though, because the lower and upper are only compatible together. They aren't interchangeable like actual AR things.

But needless to say, they do look fun. I'd like to hear how they function.

I didn't know about them not being interchangable. I'd like to see the differences between these Colt's and the regular AR's...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I didn't know about the lube issue. Wouldn't running it dry be bad for wear issues?

I've just noticed that the thing runs a LOT better just about absolutely dry. I has shown a little wear; but to be honest, I think it has ran better the harder and dryer I have pushed it. The first 100 rounds, probably like yours, was a definite break-in period. Since it was hit n miss during that break, I determined I was gonna let the parts wear in real good before I started trying to put any lube on it. I think Repair runs his without much, if any, lube as well.

You might try it. I'm not too worried about wear anyways. I want it to run, I want to shoot it. So if I have to buy another BCG one day (which I doubt) then I will.

The thing sure shoots good. I was making a a little over a quarter sized hole at 25 yards with it this morning. I've got the metal target stand (old realty sign) to prove it! :):

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought one also from OnPoint in St Petersburg, FL about a month ago, got a good price on it. I agree about the pickiness with Remington ammo. I can't get the golden bulk pack stuff to feed at all, no more than 2 shots without a jam. It's very strange, the instant I change to Winchester or Federal or CCI MiniMags everything is smooth as silk and bang, bang, bang. I have mic'd the Remingtons and looked as carefully as I know how and I can't figure it out. The Winchester was really high polished, as is CCI, Maybe there's a thin slick coating that Rem doesn't add. I also had to find out that it needs lube to run. I don't know what you mean by 'dry', but mine has to be lubed or it gets gritty and has trouble. I used Rem oil and Hoppes lube on the bolt and things are good now. It does need cleaning after 500 or so down the barrel, but I expect that. I'm looking forward to bringing it to FNS next month. Oh yeah as far as AR compatibility, forget it, this is a 22lr from the ground up, only sights, rails, straps etc are interchangable. The forward assist is non-functional as is the bolt release above the safety. If you want an AR to shoot 223 and 22lr, buy an AR, not one of these. If you only want 22lr this might be what you're looking for. It's exactly what I wanted.

Last edited:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Lots of .22 rifles

I own a lot of .22 rifles and did my homework before deciding to purchase one. There has been nothing good said about using Remington shells in this rifle at all. I use Federal bulk pack and have had one or two misfires( ammo related) If you read the instruction booklet you will see that the timing on the bolt is adjustable for various ammos.(Slow it doen for standard velocity or speed it up for High velocity) So far I have not had to do that. As was stated earlier I used mine to shoot FNS. This was after shooting only 200 rds to break it in. I turned some very good times and am quite pleased with my new rifle.

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    One other thing,the mag release doesnt work either,just pull the mag out without pushing the release.keep in mind that its still a 22 and not an AR.just looks like a AR

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    found out today the the dust cover is for looks,we had a customer come in with one today with red dot mount and alot of little extra,I looked real nice and didnt break the bank beefing it up.all in all its not bad for the money and cheap to shoot.... great choice....

The dust cover is just for looks? these pictures don't make much sense then....

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

Source: Official 22LR setup pictures thread !! - AR15.COM
    I already don't agree with the 180 degree saftey, but does the dust cover close or not?
    :dunno:

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom