• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I think that's a pretty cool rifle. Especially if the paint job is from the factory. If it checks out as original, personally I would jump on it. Be sure to let us know what Colt says, I'm interested now!

ETA: After seeing the Armslist post, I agree with Trigger Time. Too expensive.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Trigger Time,
    Not being argumentative here. Just curious why you think a 20" barrel would limit you. I carried one in a jungle environment in Panama, woods, desert and MOUT environment (Military Operations in Urban Terrain) and everywhere in between and it never limited me. The range scores were higher across the board too, when our guys were shooting A2s. That was back before the Army started mounting optics on every rifle in sight (which I never bought into) and they taught soldiers the art of iron sights. The longer sighting radius on a twenty inch rifle helps there.
    Never would have dreamed of approaching my crusty, old, Vietnam veteran, platoon sergeant and telling him that I thought the 20" barrel on my M16 was limiting me. :):

Can I get a amen ?!?!

keithhernadez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2014
    lowell
    That it is my friend. It was a post thrown out there see what kind of bait is out there in the arms world. We don't have to beat around the bush were men here. Yes that arms list post is mine. Was the post legitimate. No. Not that I would even sell this gun let alone sell it to anyone on that site for the ft of scammed over populating it. Next time just ask :) OP out.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm not sure you will get that out of it locally. Most guys, myself included would by a high end AR for that kind of money. LWRCi, Noveske, Larue etc. You're really gonna have to find that Colt kool-aid guy to buy that one.
    Good luck.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That it is my friend. It was a post thrown out there see what kind of bait is out there in the arms world. We don't have to beat around the bush were men here. Yes that arms list post is mine. Was the post legitimate. No. Not that I would even sell this gun let alone sell it to anyone on that site for the ft of scammed over populating it. Next time just ask :) OP out.

Well you were definitely leading these folks on with your ploy. Kind of a low deal there.

Noobi's................:dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So op's first ingo post was to trick ingo members who he solicited for their help. Yeah buddy I hope you stay gone. No ones gonna pay that outlandish price for your colt either. Not in Indiana unless they're drunk off their ass.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Another noobi flipper.

I really like the comment...."we are all men here"

He should act like one. ingo people were kind and offered their time as always. He took advantage trying to draw attention to an overpriced Colt. He was selling it and should get an infraction but I doubt he will be back.

Last edited:

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm new here too but I won't act like that.. That dude was a douchebag!
    His listing said it was listed today and it's deactivated.
    That was kinda dirty fishin around here and overpricing a rifle buy about $1200.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm new here too but I won't act like that.. That dude was a douchebag!
    His listing said it was listed today and it's deactivated.
    That was kinda dirty fishin around here and overpricing a rifle buy about $1200.

Just a flipper. Trolling for a sale. I would say how I really feel but decorum prevents it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Another noobi flipper.

I really like the comment...."we are all men here"

He should act like one. ingo people were kind and offered their time as always. He took advantage trying to draw attention to an overpriced Colt. He was selling it and should get an infraction but I doubt he will be back.

Exactly. I did not want to make an outright accusation. But he did admit what he was up to. Basically trolling for a sucker, trying to peak interest and draw attention. I will say this. If I owned that rifle and were trying to sell it, I would have much better pics than a half a$$ed one on a bed sheet. I would try and make it as appealing as possible. For all we know, it could be a fake. The only real way to know is to take time to call colt. He did have a good close up of the serial.

ADDICTED2TONE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Floyds Knobs
    Exactly. I did not want to make an outright accusation. But he did admit what he was up to. Basically trolling for a sucker, trying to peak interest and draw attention. I will say this. If I owned that rifle and were trying to sell it, I would have much better pics than a half a$$ed one on a bed sheet. I would try and make it as appealing as possible. For all we know, it could be a fake. The only real way to know is to take time to call colt. He did have a good close up of the serial.
    I wanna know if that paint scheme was factory or not?
    I've never seen that before and I really liked it.. My Bushmaster Dissipator would look pretty flippin cool done up like that lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom