• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Today I shot my new Colt Rail Gun 1911. While I'm not new to shooting the 1911 it is the first shots out of my first 1911, and it was good. I think from this point forward in my pistol life it's going to be 1911 variants. I own Glocks, M&P and so on, all good reliable and worth the price of admission but, times have changed. The single stack is still a sticking point for me, yes I know Para makes a double stack but I know a few people that have had an issue or 4. 300 rds through the Colt today without a single issue other than the cheap DIRTY ammo.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Today I shot my new Colt Rail Gun 1911. While I'm not new to shooting the 1911 it is the first shots out of my first 1911, and it was good. I think from this point forward in my pistol life it's going to be 1911 variants. I own Glocks, M&P and so on, all good reliable and worth the price of admission but, times have changed. The single stack is still a sticking point for me, yes I know Para makes a double stack but I know a few people that have had an issue or 4. 300 rds through the Colt today without a single issue other than the cheap DIRTY ammo.

That single action trigger can sure spoil you, that's for sure. :yesway: :)

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    After shooting my first 1911 a few yrs back it was the trigger that stuck out the most, that and the look of a 100 yr old pistol is still as good as it gets.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    I've said it before.....John M Browning was such a phenom, what might he have created with modern manufacturing tools/techniques? I'm in gunsmith school now, we studied how/when he created his firearms....HAND TOOLS! I am in awe of his designs

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I've said it before.....John M Browning was such a phenom, what might he have created with modern manufacturing tools/techniques? I'm in gunsmith school now, we studied how/when he created his firearms....HAND TOOLS! I am in awe of his designs

Where are you going to school? I have thought about gunsmithing and im interested.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    Wabash Valley College.......it in Mt. Carmel IL, just across Wabash river from Princeton. They have a 1 year technical certificate program, or an AAS for two. Just built a 1911 from raw parts, which explained clearly to me why custom hi-performance 1911's cost so much. Lots of TLC must go into it, hand filing and fitting. Brownells actually did that class onsite. Next we build an AR from parts, then a bolt action in March. Highly recommend WVC if you have time to invest during the day.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I too have my 1st 1911 and its a Colt.

What a fine firearm, flawless performance and a great trigger!

I will never part with this.

Jimmy

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    Welcome to the 1911 club! I agree, there is just something about the fit, feal, and how they perform. Wonderful design that is timeless!

To save a little money on ammo, I purchased one of the UMAREX Colt 1911 Government replicas chambered in .22lr. It is a great shooting gun as well, and cheap to shoot! Also a great gun to introduce someone to the joys of the 1911 without the punch of the .45.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    Years ago, I bought a 22/45 Ruger, which feels much like the 1911......but much cheaper to shoot. recently bought bricks of 525 at LGS for $20 out the door. Stocked up good.....so much fun to plink and play

Top Bottom