• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hurler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    In the process of cleaning out the house of a relative who passed we came across this colt .32 that no one knew about. True story Any ideas on approximate value? It seems to be in good shape. Any chance it could be nypd? Any way to find out?

Picture038.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    First you will have to figure out which version it is. They modified it a couple of times but the most important change had to do with the barrel bushing. I am not sure where you check the serial number but the year of manufacture will make some difference on value. Do you think it has been refinished? Looks very good. I doubt you will have any problem getting $500-$750 out of it if everything checks out.

Hurler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I doubt it has been refinished. I don't think it has been out of the basement in 50 plus years.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    They seem to go anywhere from $400 on upwards of $2000 depending on Manufacturer date, finish, etc. Most of the time, they are around the $500-600 range though. They are really cool guns. My buddy inherited one from his grandmother and it was a blast to shoot. I've always wanted to get one since then.

Knight 1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    South indianapolis
    I also have one inherited from my Grandfather. Mine seems to be a little younger, produced in 1924 and in better shape. It is perhaps the best I have seen and I have the box (although flat) that the gun came in. In addition it has all the original paperwork in the box. I did have a suggestion, perhaps you would want to write Colt with the serial numbers so that they could give you the history ($75) of it's original ownership. Mine was only owned by two, the first owner and then my Grandfather. I will add a pict later. Good Luck and let us know how it goes. By the way they are great shooting guns.

Top Bottom