• ...and so much more!
  • march19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2024
    Anderson
    I'm
    An example of the dunning-kruger: "an amateur chess player overestimates their performance in the upcoming chess tournament compared to their competent counterparts."
    Not overestimating anything, I know I'm a person who can't have all the knowledge of a subject but I am willing to share my perspectives to learn more. Arguing leads nowhere if both parties aren't acting in good faith

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I say this genuinely, thank you for being respectful KG1. It actually means a lot in a disagreement especially politically lol
    Well don't get me wrong. Not trying to be disrespectful in saying this but I think that counter is an attempt to avoid the other because of an admitted lack of knowledge. Just being honest here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How? I'm not acting like I'm overestimating myself because I'm not coming into this thinking I'm more competent than anyone. Just because I share ideas doesn't mean I think I'm more competent than any old hoodad
    :scratch:
    Is that anything like a hootenanny?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Plus, that's not very civil to attempt to insult me. Truth without kindness is only brutality
    Since I have no problem if grown adults choose to partake of marijuana, absolutely zero insult was intended with my statement. I just find your attempt to turn a discussion of constitutional matters into some form of existentialism to be pointless.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm

Not overestimating anything, I know I'm a person who can't have all the knowledge of a subject but I am willing to share my perspectives to learn more. Arguing leads nowhere if both parties aren't acting in good faith
    If you want to understand the philosophical reasoning for our founding documents, I'd recommend perusing The Federalist Papers.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Eh, federal elections should be in the power of those who vote in them. Issues with constitutional rights and states rights be damned lol. Either way it doesn't matter, the people getting elected aren't reps of the people, even ones who directly voted for them. So imo it's all to the wolves anyway
    Let's imagine on an extreme that one state has 80% of the population and all voted for the same candidate. They would be choosing the president for the other 49 states.
    In the real world, each state has a voice in who they want elected.
    Arbitrary isn't it. I can't see how you wouldn't like it.

Top Bottom