• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    I am pretty sure the law still stands. If it works, the the lawsuit to overturn those laws, might have a better chance of winning.

"The legislation they supported limits most ammunition magazines to 15 rounds and an expansion of background checks to include online and private firearm sales. Most Colorado sheriffs are also suing to overturn the laws, which took effect July 1.
    Proponents of the recall and those who support the sheriffs' lawsuit said the new laws violate the Second Amendment."

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What happens to the new laws if these two get recalled?

I am pretty sure the law still stands. If it works, the the lawsuit to overturn those laws, might have a better chance of winning.

"The legislation they supported limits most ammunition magazines to 15 rounds and an expansion of background checks to include online and private firearm sales. Most Colorado sheriffs are also suing to overturn the laws, which took effect July 1.
    Proponents of the recall and those who support the sheriffs' lawsuit said the new laws violate the Second Amendment."

What happens if the folks are indeed recalled is that then there'll be more "friendly" faces in the legislature who can draft & offer either new countermanding legislation or resolutions to rescind it.

The laws on the books will stand until such a time as they don't.

-J-

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Even from the posted link, and from other articles indicating strong voter turn out, it's hard to get a read on whether this is breaking our way, or not. Sure hope so; but even our little twit from Zionsville is involved in "getting out the vote", and I suspect her side doesn't much care if those voters are alive, dead, legal, illegal.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    They covered it pretty good on the news here in Denver this morning. From the report there was no way to tell which way the majority of the population was leaning in the election.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I predict this is going to be a landslide victory with MAJOR ramifications in state gov't's all across the country. Listen to your people OR ELSE.... too bad we were not able to do this on a national scale after the ACA was ramrodded home.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    They covered it pretty good on the news here in Denver this morning. From the report there was no way to tell which way the majority of the population was leaning in the election.

Well most news is left leaning, so if they are saying there is no way to tell which way, then its probably bad news for the unamericans in CO.

I really have my fingers crossed, and not because of anything to do w/ the 2nd Amendment, but everything to do w/ a voice telling elected officials that they MUST listen.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Who would we need to talk to, to see about getting one added? Doubtful they would add it, but If they got nothing to hide, or fear, then it should be a no brainer

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who would we need to talk to, to see about getting one added? Doubtful they would add it, but If they got nothing to hide, or fear, then it should be a no brainer

If Colorado pulls this off, now would be the time for us to get this done, when we have friendlies in office.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well most news is left leaning, so if they are saying there is no way to tell which way, then its probably bad news for the unamericans in CO.

I really have my fingers crossed, and not because of anything to do w/ the 2nd Amendment, but everything to do w/ a voice telling elected officials that they MUST listen.

+1

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If Colorado pulls this off, now would be the time for us to get this done, when we have friendlies in office.

What difference does it make if Colorado pulls it off? As far as I am concerned they have already pulled it off. If those guys get reelected and keep their spots then its clear that they were indeed speaking for the majority. They succeeded at forcing this election to happen. Who do we need to contact?

Top Bottom