• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Universal background checks are unenforceable without a gun registry, which is illegal under the gun control act and the Brady bill.
    Historically, a registry has been the gate to take guns from law abiding citizens, and crime goes up because no one can defend themselves.

This guy gets it.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Here it is - I spent a good amount of time on this. I uploaded it as a PDF, but if someone asks I'll copy/paste it. Thanks. Feel free to share, but I am not qualified in any way so using this as a fact may not be the best thing.

Attachments

• datadocument.pdf
      134.8 KB · Views: 28

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here it is - I spent a good amount of time on this. I uploaded it as a PDF, but if someone asks I'll copy/paste it. Thanks. Feel free to share, but I am not qualified in any way so using this as a fact may not be the best thing.
    Hopefully you get a fair shake on your work.

A couple things I noted:

Times New Roman font, I approve!

71% of the mostly folks younger than my kids knew all the prohibited possessor criteria? I did a double-take on that one. That surprised me but it is good to see.

We (law-abiding gun owners, 2A advocates, etc.) have to educate those who think all black rifles are "weapons of war".

Too easy to get a gun. The last gun I bought was at an auction. I sat on aluminum bleachers for hours. I had to outbid countless people in-person and online. Then I had to stand in a line to fill out a 4473, followed by standing in a line to pay a chunk of money. Nothing easy about that!! Again, more educating is required.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Hopefully you get a fair shake on your work.

A couple things I noted:

Times New Roman font, I approve!

71% of the mostly folks younger than my kids knew all the prohibited possessor criteria? I did a double-take on that one. That surprised me but it is good to see.

We (law-abiding gun owners, 2A advocates, etc.) have to educate those who think all black rifles are "weapons of war".

Too easy to get a gun. The last gun I bought was at an auction. I sat on aluminum bleachers for hours. I had to outbid countless people in-person and online. Then I had to stand in a line to fill out a 4473, followed by standing in a line to pay a chunk of money. Nothing easy about that!! Again, more educating is required.

Of course. 71% knowing may be due to their own research out of curiosity- whether for or against 2a. I should have changed it to Too Easy, Too Hard, Just right.

Auctions seem fun, but it sucks because all of the things I would buy are handguns and I’m 20. Also in college, insert broke college student joke.

Should it make something clear too - the “weapons of war” comment was the only “non-binary, 26-35 year old” who responded. So.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Auctions seem fun, but it sucks because all of the things I would buy are handguns and I’m 20. Also in college, insert broke college student joke.
    You have much to learn grasshopper.
    Just last year at an estate auction, I watched gun after gun after gun for for much more than I wanted to pay. Then they went through a metric ton of ammo, table after table of ammo. This guy had a full 8' long folding table full of 28 gauge shot shells!
    I was ready to leave but riding with my brother and he wanted to stay.
    They went through a bunch of Mec loading presses for shotguns, 4 or 5 different Dillon presses, and towards the end they pulled a jewel out from under a table.
    They held up a Bonanza coaxial press (Foster knockoff).
    Started the bidding at $25.
    Someone bid immediately and I bid $30.
    Other guy bid $32 and I went &35.
    That was it!
    I walked out of there with a $250 press for $35!

There can be many treasures in auctions/estate sales if you look hard enough, and you're lucky.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll be that guy. I'm trying to read it on a cell phone and it's not working well.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You have much to learn grasshopper.
    Just last year at an estate auction, I watched gun after gun after gun for for much more than I wanted to pay. Then they went through a metric ton of ammo, table after table of ammo. This guy had a full 8' long folding table full of 28 gauge shot shells!
    I was ready to leave but riding with my brother and he wanted to stay.
    They went through a bunch of Mec loading presses for shotguns, 4 or 5 different Dillon presses, and towards the end they pulled a jewel out from under a table.
    They held up a Bonanza coaxial press (Foster knockoff).
    Started the bidding at $25.
    Someone bid immediately and I bid $30.
    Other guy bid $32 and I went &35.
    That was it!
    I walked out of there with a $250 press for $35!

There can be many treasures in auctions/estate sales if you look hard enough, and you're lucky.

Great catch!

This is why I love auctions. If nobody else really wants it...

I needed a new desk. I put a bid in on an absolutely gorgeous roll-top desk. A few others were mildly interested but i wound up snagging it for $75. At the time I won I was just diagnosed with Covid. Called them and said that while I was feeling mostly Okay I didn't think they'd want me coming in with the plague. They were happy I called and delivered for $30.

Looking online a good quality roll-top desk goes anywhere from $4,000 - $7,000, with a few over $10k.

As a matter of fact I need to pick up a win tomorrow for two (2) old VCRs and a UPS. $16.95 total. Even if I have to replace the battery on the UPS it's still a lot less than buying new.

Regards,

Doug

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I was referring to the sale through an FFL, since an FLL can deny you for acting strange.

Since private sales should have background checks/proof of not being a prohibited possessor, it is still not as easy as getting a gun illegally.

Yes, you can go around the law (as criminals do) but you now have a felony in your waistband.
    Where in the 2A are background checks mentioned?

Top Bottom