• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    State Farm reimbursed me after the theft of 2 of my guns from my old apartment...
    Was somewhat easy making the claim as they wanted receipts of the replacements and a police report.

They also asked if I had done anything to detour future problems.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Collectinsure.com is who I use. I'm quite pleased by both the price, the terms and the customer service, although having not sustained a loss the proof is still in the pudding, so to speak. My coverage works out to about $4/$1000, no scheduling required of any single firearm worth less than $5000 (although they will maintain a schedule for you, if you wish). Coverage is extensive, even covers shipping loss (which saves me money on transfers and gunsmith work), so check them out if you are so inclined.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    I've worked in the insurance industry for over 30 years. Kart29 did an excellent job of explaining coverages. If you didn't take the time to read his post, go back and do it. Well done.

osbornk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Marion, Va
    I've worked in the insurance industry for over 30 years. Kart29 did an excellent job of explaining coverages. If you didn't take the time to read his post, go back and do it. Well done.

I agree. I was an adjuster or claims manager for over 31 years and his explanation was outstanding.

I handled a lot of arson claims over the years and the first thing I asked about when I had a suspicious or total fire loss was about their guns. I never recall an arson claim where I found the barrels of burned guns. The legitimate fires had gun barrels in the debris almost every time.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Does that cover guns to only a certain value? or as long as they are scheduled will the rider cover guns over say 2000.00?

Appreciate the help!

Usually, but not against theft in most cases(just damage). NRA is good, but high. Farm Bureau is cheaper than NRA, but require a schedule for everything. Allstate is the cheapest I've found. Like was stated, they don't cover theft, but damage.(For a certain dollar amount above your normal)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I had state farm and my house was broken into. They did a good job covering all the stuff that was stolen with the exception of my guns. They got an 870 and a Keltec 380, but said they weren't covered. Luckily the police stopped the jobless, good toothed, crooked hatted, douchebags and i got my guns back. I switched from state farm though.

Did you have a seperate rider for your guns? Or just the basic home owners insurance? :dunno:

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Great information, thank you all.

Just for Kart29 "How do say junk when speaking Italian"?

"Tony Kart" lol..... but thank you for the help.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    If you have Gerald for your State Farm agent he's an idiot. I left him after 7 years when State Farm decided to not cover me for some damage to my home that they had previously covered. It wasn't worth the headache and lack of communication. I went with Kurt Shaffer at Farm Bureau a few months back and have been very happy. Out of the box they cover $2k in firearms I think and you can add to that if needed.

State Farm can go to hell.

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Well after talking to numerous agents and in part due to my Gun Trust value, I pulled the trigger on the NRA Endorsed Property and Casualty Insurance Program.

Seems straight forward, Small deductible, Actual cash value not replacement value, No or limited coverage for accessories, Some items had to be scheduled, Covered for everything but the usual things like war, defective guns, entrusting the collection to your neighbor, nuclear stuff and damage to cannons (full size or miniature) - fresh out of cannons so this one was no problem at all.

Now getting into the finner print. Good news it is only a four page policy.
    All and all it should work for my needs.

Again thanks for all the help and direction.

When I say it would sound like this to you.... "Great race, man!"

but I actually pronounced it like this "I WIN you no drivin' chump!"

Seems we have a brewing feud Kart29 - NewCastle Motorsports Park at high noon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom