• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm not the Pope, but I don't find it THAT difficult to abstain from drugs and crime. Seems to be a pretty easy fix.

Does the American Institution perpetuate the gang culture of drugs and violence that seems to be made up of predominantly monitories?

Why can't the world be like me?

Gump had a line for this.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Well, while I can't speak for Kut or any football player, the way I see it is that despite a lot of the hard enforced institutional racism being "officially" struck from the books, the statistics still say otherwise:

All from this article

150805_CRIME_Discrim-Chart01.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

150805_CRIME_Discrim-Chart02.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

For one thing, those statistics graphs don't even belong on the same page. So let's, for the moment, just discuss the two I left quoted.

I'd like to see the statistics graph, that shows "what percentage of drivers pulled over, who have the pungent smell of freshly smoked marijuana rolling out their window, as the officer approaches the car." You LEO'S on the board know what I'm talking about. And that alone is reasonable cause for a search.

Of course, I doubt such a statistic chart or article even exists..... because it's not 'convenient' to the agenda of those doing the research.

As far as the second graph, in particular, I would bet a dollar to a donut, that perhaps the non-black drivers are more inclined to leave their dope at home..... rather than "driving around dirty".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is what I'm talking about when I say people are dismissive. The disparity, "meh, you could fix that if you didn't do the crime," ....but if you do, expect a longer sentence.
    And the others: disparity in jury selections, traffic stops completely ignored.
    Looks like North Carolina lawyers don't like blacks on their juries.

I'm betting traffic stops are profiling. What that chart leaves out is age and sex of those stopped and searched.

Do all police record every time they search a vehicle during a traffic stop?

For bail, inner city blacks often can't afford to post bail, and thus get stuck in jail. I know Cook County, IL has been talking a lot about this lately and how to fix it.

Do you think that participation in gangs skews the numbers at all one way or another?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On gang culture being perpetuated by the gubment

You're asking for thoughts on opinions, I'm asking for thoughts on facts. We're steering the question away from the subject... why are people kneeling. You were given examples. You can address them or not, if you see merit in them. If you wish to steer the conversation into speaking about gang culture and govt, feel free to start a thread, otherwise it will appear (at least to me) that you are trying to justify the disparity in treatment, by pointing to bad actors.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Kut...you need to learn when the dog pile is getting bored. It's generally when they nitpick issues out of context and divert the course of the discussion.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You're asking for thoughts on opinions, I'm asking for thoughts on facts. We're steering the question away from the subject... why are people kneeling. You were given examples. You can address them or not, if you see merit in them. If you wish to steer the conversation into speaking about gang culture and govt, feel free to start a thread, otherwise it will appear (at least to me) that you are trying to justify the disparity in treatment, by pointing to bad actors.

So the fact that blacks own the highest percentage of drug use despite having a low percentage of the population means nothing? According to the facts posted, you have a significantly higher chance of doing drugs if you're black. So if a police officer pulls over a black man, the chances of him having drugs is much higher than if the officer pulled over a white man. Are those the facts that you want thoughts on?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For one thing, those statistics graphs don't even belong on the same page. So let's, for the moment, just discuss the two I left quoted.

I'd like to see the statistics graph, that shows "what percentage of drivers pulled over, who have the pungent smell of freshly smoked marijuana rolling out their window, as the officer approaches the car." You LEO'S on the board know what I'm talking about. And that alone is reasonable cause for a search.

Of course, I doubt such a statistic chart or article even exists..... because it's not 'convenient' to the agenda of those doing the research.

As far as the second graph, in particular, I would bet a dollar to a donut, that perhaps the non-black drivers are more inclined to leave their dope at home..... rather than "driving around dirty".

You would have to convince us that black/hispanic drivers that are stopped 3X more than white drivers are 3X more likely to "ride dirty" to justify your belief, despite the similarities in drug use. Then you'd have to convince us, that despite minorities having a significantly lower vehicle ownership rate, there are 3X as many legitimate opportunities to stop them, than white drivers.

That's a LOT of convincing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut...you need to learn when the dog pile is getting bored. It's generally when they nitpick issues out of context and divert the course of the discussion.

Ah gotcha. I got carried away. They can have at it. But FYI 1% is a significant difference.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You would have to convince us that black/hispanic drivers that are stopped 3X more than white drivers are 3X more likely to "ride dirty" to justify your belief, despite the similarities in drug use. Then you'd have to convince us, that despite minorities having a significantly lower vehicle ownership rate, there are 3X as many legitimate opportunities to stop them, than white drivers.

That's a LOT of convincing.

That chart says "searched" during a stop, not total stopped.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As to my mention that no dog pile will result from me momentarily loosing my mind and stating the questions as to why will remain. Keep it real.

I do not see one as yet but the questions and discussion has taken on a different tone. There are things that need to be discussed out in the open that PC has taken from us. Name calling and labeling as well. There are so many deeper issues we have not touched on yet and possibly will not so as to remain civil.

I was talking to a retired LEO from out of state Saturday night as to the big car show at Laff. square on Saturday. You could smell the reefer from Laff. Rd when you drove by. I drove by on my way home and yes, you could smell it. It was pungent. I will not make reference as to who put the show on or as to whom was the majority of attendee's. My SIL took the Terrorists (twins in my avatar) up to see the cars. They did not stay long. The tone of the show was not someplace to take kids. The open dope smoking was rampant. The language and actions of the fools involved were just over the top.
    My LEO buddy said it would have been a hay day if they would have rolled through and enforced any of several laws. I guess they are getting there way. LEO avoids the confrontation apparently.

I will stand down and just read. I hope to learn something from all of this.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

this??????????????

[video=youtube;2cn-LWSmVjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cn-LWSmVjY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is what I'm talking about when I say people are dismissive. The disparity, "meh, you could fix that if you didn't do the crime," ....but if you do, expect a longer sentence.
    And the others: disparity in jury selections, traffic stops completely ignored.

People should admit what's true. If there are disparities in jury selections, if there are disparities in sentencing black people for the same offenses, if there are disparities in traffic stops, and those have causes that are only based on race, that's a problem. But if we're admitting the truth about things, let's look to see if it's only based on race. You can't just look at the resulting statistics and claim it must have a racist cause.

Why do blacks get longer sentences? Is it just because they're black? If so, that's a problem and we need to fix it. Is the disparity in jury selections because of racism? If so, that's a problem. Is the disparity in traffic stops because of racism? If so, that's a problem.

Maybe there are some explanations for some of those disparities that don't involve racism. For example, why do Black people commit an order of magnitude more murders than whites? Is it because some whites are racist?

If you want people to be less dismissive, it would help if people didn't overstate the problems. It's not institutional racism. That was made illegal with the CRA. If there is racism within institutions, it is individuals. They can and should be prosecuted. And it's not the whole country. Black leaders saying all white people are racist, is not going to help white people see the true individual racism that's occurring, and be less dismissive of that. I think if everyone were just honest about the whole thing, from top to bottom, there'd be a hell of a lot fewer social problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom