• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Nice. Do you drink that much, or do they store well? Usually I struggle to get through a bag of coffee before it starts to lose it's flavor, much less having a few bags sitting around. I may try that Henry's Flight when I need coffee again.
    I'm not a coffee drinker but, Ive seen my son use my vacuum bagger to store the bulk of the coffee he buys.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Nice. Do you drink that much, or do they store well? Usually I struggle to get through a bag of coffee before it starts to lose it's flavor, much less having a few bags sitting around. I may try that Henry's Flight when I need coffee again.
    I portion my beans in containers that I can use within the week of opening. I put them in the freezer and when within a day of using a portion up I take out another from the freezer and let it warm up for a day before opening.

Seems to work keeping it fresh.

Most days I just use my Mr. Coffee but if I'm not in a hurry I use the french press. The press makes a lot of difference in bringing out the subtle fruitiness of many varieties.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been using an aeropress for the last couple of years, as I only make one cup and it seems a hassle to waste counter space, coffee and water to use a coffeemaker of any kind. I've had many, but none made a cup that was all that much better than the aeropress anyway. I've heard it's able to make coffee smoother, but I haven't really noticed that. Coffee tastes the same as being made other ways to me. I'm not much for fruitiness or other things like that for coffee. I want it to be bold, rich, but smooth with little bitterness or acidity.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Discuss all things coffee.

Question from another thread for the whole bean crowd.

1. Which grinder do you use?
    2. How do you store your beans? And for how long?
    I store my beans in a s salvaged large gallon jar, it has a rubber seal on the lid. The beans I use through the week are in a spice container I reused from Sam’s club. The top has a shaker on on side and a spoon side on the other. The spoon side is big enough to let the beans pour out. I pour how many I want in to the cheapest Amazon grinder that has a warranty. I return it every time it breaks for a new on just like all the frothers that have a lifetime warranty. Usually after three they will refund your money and you have to buy from another vender. Everything is from same cheap ass china factories with same cheap ass parts so register it and stick em right in the pocket book where it hurts. I swear company CEO’s would rather have balls cut off rather than let go a few dollars and make a quality product.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Maybe 2 cups a day. My wife doesn't always have it. I keep it sealed in the bag and grind what I need every couple days.

My taste buds are not as refined as you. I wouldn't notice my coffee going bad with just a couple weeks sitting around. :)

With this latest order I will just open one bag at a time. Compared to how old the coffee probably is sitting on the grocery shelf, I figure I have time before it goes bad considering it's roasted and shipped within a couple days.

You know me: I'm not a connoisseur of...well, anything.;)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When it comes to the ultimate cup of coffee, I will use my melitta pour over. When it comes to quantity,/quality tradeoff, I use my Breville Precision Brewer into a thermal carafe.

French Presses are just too much mess to clean up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When it comes to the ultimate cup of coffee, I will use my melitta pour over. When it comes to quantity,/quality tradeoff, I use my Breville Precision Brewer into a thermal carafe.

French Presses are just too much mess to clean up.
    I agree on the French press. I tried that route but too many variables to get right. Pour over is easy, peasy.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Coffee snob yes and no.

We have a pod machine which does make a nice cup.
    I have had the pour over for many years and it makes a nice cup.
    My coffee maker makes a nice pot (we here drink coffee by the pot full not the cup full.)

My grandmothers French press make a great cup. Clean up is a pain. I think it is the routine I like.

My grandmother giant percolator makes a couple gallons of coffee. Growing up it was where you poured a cup out at the party between euchre games.

I still daily drive red can foldgers so I am not a coffee snob. Automatic drip just like mom made it.

I do love me some double diamond or Sumatra single farm coffee. I freeze beans and grind or splurge on ground in front of me freshly roasted beans. The smell itself is worth a dollar a bag.

Like a good beer fridge I have craft and I have PBR. Each has there place. Even a man who gets to eat Rib eye steak every night wants a good old smash burger once in a while.

Top Bottom