• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Just got a sweet legends Smoke Wagon, pure fun. Question is, should I remove the partailly full cartridge when Im done playing cowboy, or is it ok to leave it in the gun charged a few days?

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Leave it charged. It keeps the seals pliable and keeps dirt/debris out of the system. Never remove a CO2 with any residual gas in in it. Shoot it empty. Breaching the seals under pressure damages them.

Basher

Expert
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Leave it charged. It keeps the seals pliable and keeps dirt/debris out of the system. Never remove a CO2 with any residual gas in in it. Shoot it empty. Breaching the seals under pressure damages them.

^What he said.^

As a kid, I worked at a paintball pro shop and field working on paintball markers. I can’t tell you how many seals I replaced from people who didn’t know to just leave them in until they were empty. Heck, even the actual CO2 tanks w/ valves would blow out o-rings fairly often, and they’re designed to be installed and removed each use! Unless it has a leak somewhere in the valve train, it should hold for a good while so save yourself some money both on gas and seals and leave ‘em in. :)

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    ^What he said.^

As a kid, I worked at a paintball pro shop and field working on paintball markers. I can’t tell you how many seals I replaced from people who didn’t know to just leave them in until they were empty. Heck, even the actual CO2 tanks w/ valves would blow out o-rings fairly often, and they’re designed to be installed and removed each use! Unless it has a leak somewhere in the valve train, it should hold for a good while so save yourself some money both on gas and seals and leave ‘em in. :)
    from back in my time in airsoft, I remember having two green gas mag fill ports blow out on me bc we never got taught to leave them half full or even to purge them after they stop putting out good pressure

Top Bottom