• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    So I'm working with a patient today and I hear his tv on CNN. Of course they are discussing the Colorado shooting and the role of the evil guns involved.

Joe Johns, their "crime and law correspondent" was at a gun store discussing the weapons used in the shooting. The store owner first shows him a 12 gauge, 8 shot pump shotgun which the store owner describes as a "military and police" shotgun.

He then discusses the AR and it's 100 round magazine. Now saving the best for last Mr. Johns introduces the two handguns:

"he also purchased two 40 millimeter glock handguns"

Yep nailed it. That's right folks, 40 millimeter. You thought your glock 20 was big dog on the block well think again. It wasn't live so how do these things make it through the editing process?

Along with the Pierce Morgan show I saw last night where he wouldn't let the gun expert get in more than two words without interrupting him, CNN is again doing their best to exploit this tragedy to misinform the public.

P.S.- Michael Moore will be on there tonight. That should be good!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Shocking!! The whole interview was probably shot on set with an actor as the gun shop owner. I can't imagine any gun shop owner perpetuating the anti-gun movement like that.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Shocking!! The whole interview was probably shot on set with an actor as the gun shop owner. I can't imagine any gun shop owner perpetuating the anti-gun movement like that.
    You would be surprised...

Some would sell their own souls for 2 minutes on the TV...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Exactly. I'm trying to remember but was'nt there a dude over at Popguns one time on a different occasion flapping his gums trying to make gun owners look bad? Need a little help here.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S.- Michael Moore will be on there tonight. That should be good!
    Bet they won't be interrupting HIM! :rolleyes:

But he's on TV, right? :rolleyes:

Exactly!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Beech Grove Firearms was on the local news last night talking about how they are the human factor in the sale of firearms and ammo that you don't get by buying firearms and ammo over the internet.

Granted they didn't say you could buy firearms over the internet, the reporter did, making it seem as though there were no requirements to FFL transfer your internet gun purchases. He also found *horror of horrors* a website that didn't require you to supply any info other than your credit card to purchase 6000 rounds of ammo for your AR-15.

On a positive note, he didn't call the AR-15 an "assault" rifle.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How can anyone take a news channel seriously that has Michael Moore on to give his opinion on anything. (or Al Sharpton for that matter)

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Glock makes grenade luanchers now?

They always have

howaglockworks_thumb.gif

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    At least they didn't go on and on about "high powered magazines." Now I want a 40mm Glock and a high powered magazine. WTB.

These people are responsible to no one and they don't care if they misrepresent information.

Funny/sad thing I saw on HuffingtonPost (yeah...) yesterday - headline read along the lines of "Colorado Killer Amassed Huge Arsenal Online with No Background Checks." Only one problem with that - its not true. He only bought ammo/armor online. Every weapon purchase he made was with a background check that he passed.

I wish these people were held accountable for spreading misinformation... =/

Last edited:

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Beech Grove Firearms was on the local news last night talking about how they are the human factor in the sale of firearms and ammo that you don't get by buying firearms and ammo over the internet.

Granted they didn't say you could buy firearms over the internet, the reporter did, making it seem as though there were no requirements to FFL transfer your internet gun purchases. He also found *horror of horrors* a website that didn't require you to supply any info other than your credit card to purchase 6000 rounds of ammo for your AR-15.

On a positive note, he didn't call the AR-15 an "assault" rifle.

Yeah when Bloomberg was on CNN last night Morgan asked him:

"so in your state I could legally buy a gun on the Internet and thousands of rounds of ammunition and there is nothing you could do to stop it?"

Do you think they know their info is incorrect but they try to spin it or are they just clueless?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah when Bloomberg was on CNN last night Morgan asked him:

"so in your state I could legally buy a gun on the Internet and thousands of rounds of ammunition and there is nothing you could do to stop it?"

Do you think they know their info is incorrect but they try to spin it or are they just clueless?
    Clueless with no desire to learn the truth.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    How can anyone take a news channel seriously that has Michael Moore on to give his opinion on anything. (or Al Sharpton for that matter)

I'd rather take MM's word on which diet and exercise plan to follow. His expertise is likely greater.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

What station was this on?!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Well they are pushing for background checks and limits on ammo purchases, as well as body armor, and "tactical gear". They want the FBI snooping on all our purchases, so that IF we do buy a case of ammo to save some money, they will send SWAT to our house to take photos of our "illegal" "arsenal", and villainize us while we are in handcuffs for wanting to target practice.

Ironically, the killer used only around one hundred rounds of ammo, so the amount he bought was irrelevant.

Top Bottom