CNN: Children should get vaccinated. Period.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And here i always thought you were against big government. Guess i was wrong

In many states, it is a criminal offense to have unprotected sex or engage in certain other behaviors while one is infected with HIV without informing one's partner or using some form of protection. How do you feel about such laws?

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/states/exposure.html

Genuinely curious, since this thread got me to thinking about parallels between that and knowingly allowing unvaccinated children to potentially expose other children that are too young to have been vaccinated to some of these "once-eradicated" illnesses.

mlouisalbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Elkhart
    Childhood vaccines are safe. Seriously. - CNN.com

Thoughts? I imagine there's a non-zero number of anti-vax members here on INGO. That, and some can cause issues, albeit rare.

I don't get flu shots... but that's just because they tell me I have to. I'm a rebel.

I believe that it is my and my wife's sole decision on whether or not we give our child any kind of vaccinations and that nobody should be able to tell us otherwise. With that said though, I also must take the responsibility that there might be places that the child can't go, i.e. school, restaurants, simply being around other children. Much as it is my right to decide if we get vaccinations it is other business owners right to regulate whether unvaccinated people are welcomed there...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Question: How would you feel if your neighbor refused to vaccinate their children and turn them into little mobile virus pumps running around the neighborhood? Meanwhile, your newborn who has not received the vaccine is infected and dies as the result.

How would you feel if your neighbor refused to give up his guns and they run around the neighborhood potentially having access to them?

Are you certain that you want to make policy decisions regarding our individual liberty based on fear?

I believe that it is my and my wife's sole decision on whether or not we give our child any kind of vaccinations and that nobody should be able to tell us otherwise. With that said though, I also must take the responsibility that there might be places that the child can't go, i.e. school, restaurants, simply being around other children. Much as it is my right to decide if we get vaccinations it is other business owners right to regulate whether unvaccinated people are welcomed there...

Absolutely. Individuals have the right to set such standards about their own property and children and should do so if they are really this scared of measles.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    And here i always thought you were against big government. Guess i was wrong

It's not that simple. Being knee-jerk against everything government does is not the same as advocating a limited government. One legitimate use of government is national defense, and not all enemies are offshore. Internal threats who put their fellow citizens at risk through obstinate ignorance are no different than an external threat spreading disease through biological warfare. This is one of the few instances where I am for government intervention. I'm not sure what else can be done to mitigate the weapons-grade stupidity that threatens our public health in such a manner.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think people have the right to do as they wish to their own bodies and their children (not talking about abuse. Abuse is never right). I may think their decision is dumb (as they may mine) but it's their right. Some religions do not believe in blood transfusions even for their children and they will refuse them even if it means death. And they have lawyers and past court decisions to back up their choice and get away with it on religious grounds. I dont agree with that BS but the courts do, so whatever.
    I think they are ****ing crazy cult mother ****ers but that's their right.

If people want to die, let them. Just keep your diseased and crazy asses away from the rest of the people so we dont catch anythjng. If you're kid spreads a disease and kills other kids because you chose not to get them immunized, then I believe you need to be put in jail or maybe worse.
    If you keep yourselves away from the rest of society (I dont see how that's possible) then go for it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It's not that simple. Being knee-jerk against everything government does is not the same as advocating a limited government. One legitimate use of government is national defense, and not all enemies are offshore. Internal threats who put their fellow citizens at risk through obstinate ignorance are no different than an external threat spreading disease through biological warfare. This is one of the few instances where I am for government intervention. I'm not sure what else can be done to mitigate the weapons-grade stupidity that threatens our public health in such a manner.

This is an excellent argument in favor of gun control.

You should pass it along to the Brady Campaign.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In many states, it is a criminal offense to have unprotected sex or engage in certain other behaviors while one is infected with HIV without informing one's partner or using some form of protection. How do you feel about such laws?

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/states/exposure.html

Genuinely curious, since this thread got me to thinking about parallels between that and knowingly allowing unvaccinated children to potentially expose other children that are too young to have been vaccinated to some of these "once-eradicated" illnesses.
    I suppose if your rug-rat has the measles and INTENTIONALLY licks my kid, we may have a problem. Doesn't even matter if my kid is vaccinated or not. Stop licking them when you are sick.

If your rug-rat does not have the measles, and is not vaccinated, what does it matter?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you can't understand the difference between communicable disease and firearms, I certainly can't help you.

Ok, then enlighten me. Pediatricians agree that both are dangerous for children. They put fellow citizens at risk. Sounds like an internal threat to me. National defense!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Ok, then enlighten me. Pediatricians agree that both are dangerous for children. They put fellow citizens at risk. Sounds like an internal threat to me. National defense!

I think that pissing in the wind would be a more productive endeavor than trying to "enlighten" someone who doesn't understand the obvious differences between the two issues at hand. Ask your straw man, maybe he can explain it to you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You are absolutely correct, I was thinking ADHD....my mistake and thanks for the correction.
    :yesway: I tend to agree about ADHD btw... We used to call those kids "brats" and they did usually grow out of it, sometimes hastened along with an occasional swat on the but to help them focus. Not with legal "speed for kids".

Top Bottom