• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Korea still something like 250K of both carbines and garands, there out there.....just need to get the "we don't them back" removed from the lend/lease program

The rifles and carbines sold through the CMP are Military Assistance Program returns. However, South Korea insists that they bought the rifles and their wish is to sell them to importer/distributers like C.A.I. So even if the import ban is relaxed and these rifles/carbines do make it into the U.S., they are not MAP returns and will not be sold through the CMP. The rifles will be import stamped as are any other imported firearms.

The PI rifles, on the other hand, are MAP returns.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Anyone know more about the CMP's acquisition of the m1 garands from the Philippines? Did a quick google search over the last year and didn't pull any relevant info up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anyone know more about the CMP's acquisition of the m1 garands from the Philippines? Did a quick google search over the last year and didn't pull any relevant info up.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm also interested in what kind of condition they are in.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County

Shot show 2018 update had some good news. Skip to about the 1:20 mark if you want to bypass the no info about the 1911s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=akYYAwaJTmQ
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=akYYAwaJTmQ[/video]

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Apparently, like last time the MAP returns from Turkey, which were in the works just prior to the PI rifles arriving in Anniston, have large numbers of International Harvester M1s.

In case anyone is interested in getting an Indiana made M1, International Harvester Service Grade M1s are up for mail order sales again.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    How much do they usually go for? I would love one but i dont know if i should save up 500 or 2k...

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    looks like the IHCs are $1060.
    Thanks TheJoker.... you have given me bad ideas... I just may need one... then that will mean I have to get the Winchester as well... So you are going to cost me some money if I go down this rabbit hole.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    looks like the IHCs are $1060.
    Thanks TheJoker.... you have given me bad ideas... I just may need one... then that will mean I have to get the Winchester as well... So you are going to cost me some money if I go down this rabbit hole.

If it is any consolation, you won't be alone in the rabbit hole. I wouldn't wait too long. The last mail order IHC release didn't last very long.

I doubt if there are very many IHC or HRA in the PI lot. I'd guess those are mostly WWII manufactured by Springfield Armory and Winchester. It is my understanding that the lions share of the IHC rifles went to the middle east.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I agree where are the 1911's

January 29, 2018 -
    The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.
    The 1911s have been received by the CMP. A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed. That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom