CMP Service Grade M1s available again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    As promised, here are some pics of my new rifle:

It's serialed in the 1,867,*** range, which puts it's date of manufacturer to July '43. It has a '43 dated barrel, too.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Original WWII barrel and receiver mated to a really pretty CMP Walnut stock. A lot of the hard core folks don't like those stocks; but, I think they're gorgeous. Congratulations, you did great!

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Ryknoll3,

Nice looking one there. How is the fitment of the CMP wood? Also, when did you send your order in? Know when it was received?

Been waiting for mine to show up in the estore, but alas...each day goes by with nothing new.....

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The CMP wood fitment is good. Lockup of the trigger guard is tight! I greased the pins and still had to push REALLY hard to get it to close. I only messed with it a few minutes before throwing it in the safe, so I didn't pull the spring to check to see if the oprod moves freely in the stock.

I sent it in two days after the original post in this thread. I didn't send it with tracking, so I have no idea when it was received by CMP.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The Service Grade M1s are marked sold out once again. The resellers made a hard run on them during the short time sales were opened. The annual per customer limit was reduced from 12 to 8 toward the end of the run....sort of like closing the barn door after the horses were all gone.

Rumor has it, they might have some more rack grades for sale soon. I'm not sure I'd be interested in a 'sight unseen' rack grade rifle after having looked through the rack grade M1Ds last May. They were really rough and swallowed the gauges at both the muzzle and throat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom