• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    has any one been lately? I was thinking about going before I go back to work in a few weeks. I have been off due to a knee surgery.
    ive been wanting another garand and I think my want is getting the best of me:spend: any one have any one have any info on inventory?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    has any one been lately? I was thinking about going before I go back to work in a few weeks. I have been off due to a knee surgery.
    ive been wanting another garand and I think my want is getting the best of me:spend: any one have any one have any info on inventory?
    Have you checked the CMP Forums on the CMP website? Goto CMP North Store - CMP Forums for the latest info. :rockwoot:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It looks like the cmp as we once knew it is about gone. The last shooting a year ago almost wiped out the m1 supply. I would check the website before traveling. Also I would check to see if Jolly Rodger seafood joint is still open. It is well worth the few extra
    miles.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion

I called CMP last spring and was concerned because of the gun buying frenzy that was taking place. The person I spoke with about their current supply and their ability to get more weapons from Korea said, he thought their supply would be out in about two years and getting more weapons while Obama is president would be unlikely.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It looks like the cmp as we once knew it is about gone. The last shooting a year ago almost wiped out the m1 supply. I would check the website before traveling. Also I would check to see if Jolly Rodger seafood joint is still open. It is well worth the few extra
    miles.

I called CMP last spring and was concerned because of the gun buying frenzy that was taking place. The person I spoke with about their current supply and their ability to get more weapons from Korea said, he thought their supply would be out in about two years and getting more weapons while Obama is president would be unlikely.
    Thats odd, didnt stop me from buying a Springfield M1 Garand in the first week of July THIS YEAR. Jolly Rodger was still open (I ate there) in early July 2013. The rifles available are dwindling but they are talking about getting M1 carbines again in Feb 2014 and releasing more Garands before then. Check the CMP forums for the latest!

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    Thats odd, didnt stop me from buying a Springfield M1 Garand in the first week of July THIS YEAR. Jolly Rodger was still open (I ate there) in early July 2013. The rifles available are dwindling but they are talking about getting M1 carbines again in Feb 2014 and releasing more Garands before then. Check the CMP forums for the latest!

August 29, 2013, the Obama administration announced they would no longer accept the import of US made surplus weapons into the US. Doesn't sound good for a Feb shipment and CMP websites indicates volume of sale is up.

bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    I scored my garand at a local pawn shop and was able to trade for it. So my plan to visit the north store was put on the back burner. I really want to make the trip. I want to go to purchase another rifle but also want to go during one of the camp perry shoots!

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Paraphrased from the CMP website...."recent references and news stories about the demise of the Civilian marksmanship Program are erroneous. Business goes on as usual."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Who are they...? CMP says they will not be recieving anymore M1 Carbines. They are always releasing Garands as they have time and are able to meet mail orders...last CMP said they have over 100,000 Garands in crates that have been sitting for yrs.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    August 29, 2013, the Obama administration announced they would no longer accept the import of US made surplus weapons into the US. Doesn't sound good for a Feb shipment and CMP websites indicates volume of sale is up.

Wrong! They are already here, in Anniston, AL (CMP South Store) and the "shipment" I referred to would be shipping from the South CMP Store to the North CMP Store. The rifles are rebuilt and sorted in the South Store.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Went to the North Store real early this year ( think it was Feb.) with my son - we purchased 2 CMP Springfield Special field grade Garand's. These were the completely refurbished rifles with new furniture but with original barrels that were gaged as like new. Their selection of other items was very limited and the only variation in group of rifles we picked from was the figure in the walnut stocks. I and my son inspected probably 30 rifles and ended up picking ours only based on the stocks. Had I known what was available before I went I would have just had one sent to me as there was no significant difference! We actually had the rifles shipped to our houses. It saved us paying the Ohio Tax which was quite a bit more than the shipping. I have also purchased some boxes of the Greek 30-06 and clips for the Garand. I intend to buy some more ammo and clips in a month or so to keep my account current. You don't have to do all the paperwork over if you buy something every year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The last I saw on their website was that they had plenty of rifles... but that the issue was they haven't been able to put them through their inspection/grading/refurb process fast enough to keep up with demand.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Obama and Hillary Clinton put an end to the domestic sale of surplus military rifles and ammunition. Remember that and some other things when we vote next year. Otherwise, I will never forget my first trip to the north store. It was like a kid in a candy store. I served my time in recon for with mechanized amour and the 1911 handgun & 30 caliber carbine was standard issue for my MOS. Every rifle I picked up seemed better than the one before. I finally settled on a carbine and a Garand and a truck load of ammo. Those days are gone.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom