• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Great looking Rifles! I bought one earlier this year from an individual (some trading), got 800 round from the CMP (actually ordered 400 they sent 800 so I called and paid for it). My Son wants one - he is going to wait for his tax return, then we will go to Fort Clinton - I probably will get another one.:)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I want one sooooooooooooooo bad, my son has bought 2 so far, I heard they have some new lend/lease coming in.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    thanks for posting. i really want to get a service grade one, and its nice to see pictures of what you get at that grade.

You ought to see JVE153's service grade Garand :drool: You can get some beautiful rifles in the service grade category as obvious of the OP pictures.

Congrats on the beautiful rifles. Skinr, I'd be interested in tagging along for a camp pilgrimage. Could always use another m1

I still can't think about a Garand without reliving the thrill of shooting yours and that giant smile that made it almost impossible to keep a good check weld. :D

Wonder if women would be welcome on this little road trip :whistle:

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I was just at the store this past saturday, and spent a little time talking with one of the gentlemen there about the differernt grades. It was really enjoyable time even though my 5 year old was ready to go back to Grandma's house. I definately brought the bug back to Indiana and the next time I go I will hopefully be making the purchase. It does help that I have family that lives in Port Clinton, so I make the trip fairly often.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    You ought to see JVE153's service grade Garand :drool: You can get some beautiful rifles in the service grade category as obvious of the OP pictures.

I still can't think about a Garand without reliving the thrill of shooting yours and that giant smile that made it almost impossible to keep a good check weld. :D

Wonder if women would be welcome on this little road trip :whistle:

Now this is starting to sound like it could be an epic road trip! :D

BaDang!!! (Sound of wife hitting me over the head with a frying pan) :abused:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i am definately in on this, i could care less about the weather. I dont own a single vehicle that is not all wheel drive, ill try to post pics of my garand tomorrow since rayne already talked it up.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Im in! I have a extended cab Sierra Z71 and can be part of the convoy if you run out of room!

Id love to have a garand. Im kicking myself for missing out on the Carbines. Dont have much use for 30-06...So I will have to convert my purchased Garand to a .308. :rockwoot:
    They have some there that are already converted to .308. More incentive for a trip.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I started a wave.... so cool. If you all end up going then post it up, I may have to join in on this. I may not have enough cash for another Garand after these 2, but I can use some ammo. Then again, I may scrounge up some cash for another!
    The wife is pretty good at understanding, I told her these are an investment and heirloom for the kids. Oh, and for those looking for a Special Grade in .308, here is my 2010 Special Grade in 30-06. They are pretty much new, I worked the walnut stock with some linseed and it is starting to get that dark look.
    picture.php

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very nice! I've got a couple Tiger Stripe Birch stocks around here somewhere I need to start working on.

Top Bottom