• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I've been digging here and the rest of the web and can't seem to find any info on the CMMG .22LR conversion kit and sighting in.

I just simply want to know what to expect at say 50 yards, will the gun need to be sighted in for the .22LR at that short distance? I'm assuming it will need to be, but don't want to mess with the sights each time I convert.

Thanks for the input.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I know at 25m (Appleseed distance) There is no adjustment required in shooting .22 or .223. I like the kit but do not expect too much as far as accuracy goes from it. It is great cheap practice and will help you improve skills but the .223 is much more accurate, at least in my rifle with the ammo I have tried remington, CCI, Federal and Winchester.
    They are a lot of fun just plinking around. Enjoy.

kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I do the standard military 25 meter zero , 400 setting on the rear sight is on at 50 yards on my carbine length guns , 1 click up is on at 50 with a rifle length . Out of 2 of the rifles i shoot the most i cant tell much if any differance at 25 meters in accuracy

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I have to make a slight adjustment to my scope when I move from the .22 conversion to .223 ammo and vice versa. If you'll note how many clicks up/down and left/right you can go back and forth easily.

As far as accuracy, as you stated, the .223 is tighter. In the following range report, I was looking at changes caused by moving from 1 power to 4 power on a Millett scope. However, the pictures show the difference in accuracy when shooting .22 and .223 at 50 yards.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nt_test_of_the_millett_dms-1_rifle_sight.html

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I have to adjust for 50yd shooting. From my .22lr zero with my Vortex strikefire I adjust 9 down and 7 right. I have a 16" 1 in 9 barrel.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    I have to adjust for 50yd shooting. From my .22lr zero with my Vortex strikefire I adjust 9 down and 7 right. I have a 16" 1 in 9 barrel.

Just a follow up range report. I shot about 250 cci today with very few problems. Any problems seemed like break in. The kit was perfect for the last 150 rounds. I'm as happy about this kit as I was the day I got the AR. I can actually play with this gun now.

r6vr6, I quoted you because your numbers on your gun are the same as mine... 50 yards and I turned in the the front sight 9 notches, and I moved my flip up sight 7 to the right. I didn't start this way, but thats where I ended up.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've been digging here and the rest of the web and can't seem to find any info on the CMMG .22LR conversion kit and sighting in.

I just simply want to know what to expect at say 50 yards, will the gun need to be sighted in for the .22LR at that short distance? I'm assuming it will need to be, but don't want to mess with the sights each time I convert.

Thanks for the input.
    Don't change a thing. Sight in your rifle with .223; then, plop in the .22 kit. The two will shoot the same at 25m. In fact, my kit is well capable of the heralded quarter sized group at 25m; more than I am!
    You won't mess with the sights unless you go removing your scope.
    Remember though, the rifle will shoot low about 2 - 2.24 inches low out so far due to bore axis. If you plan on shooting 25m, you will need to either sight it in for that or hold over while shooting the drills. (which is near impossible for the 3rd and 4th stages.

Top Bottom