• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    We are down to just over a week until this shoot. Presently have 12 registered with a capacity of 25. Now's the time to jump on board as this is the last full Appleseed this year at Cloverdale.

Although this is the last Cloverdale shoot for the year, we still have Evansville in October and Riley in November

We do have an April 17/18 2010 on the books for Cloverdale, plus 2 - 4 more being planned.

WE are still growing! :rockwoot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We are down to just over a week until this shoot. Presently have 12 registered with a capacity of 25. Now's the time to jump on board as this is the last full Appleseed this year at Cloverdale.

Although this is the last Cloverdale shoot for the year, we still have Evansville in October and Riley in November

We do have an April 17/18 2010 on the books for Cloverdale, plus 2 - 4 more being planned.

WE are still growing! :rockwoot:

Itchin' to attend an Appleseed Shoot? Well here you go! :yesway:

Here's the link to register for this one online: Cloverdale, IN Appleseed - Sept 26-27, 2009 - Eventbrite

Ready to do whatever we can to help you get out on the firing line.

There you will find your place in the continuing history and heritage of the American Rifleman.

:patriot:

And if you can't make Cloverdale next week, there's also one in Wabash, IN, 10/17-10/18/09

Of the four named so far, I plan to be working at 3 of them.

Come learn to shoot (and live) as a Rifleman!

Blessings,
    Bill

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Is it possible we got a bunch of keyboard marksmen out there?

Monitor hunters?

Swivel chair sharpshooters?

Last weekend at Carmi Illinois I had a 11 year old kid who could barely hit paper on Saturday turn in two targets over 140 by Sunday, with a borrowed rifle and borrowed ammo. He and his sister were persistent, eager, and really out there shooting. Not just gabbing about shooting.

They burned over a brick of my ammo and said they can't wait to come back and try again. Surely Hoosiers can match a couple of adolescent Illini?

We have offered rifle, ammo, mats, hearing protection. What's it take to give up the Tivo and the couch for a beautiful weekend exercising one of the few freedoms that only Americans can enjoy?

DAve

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

This is Wednesday... We shoot Saturday and Sunday of this week, which gives you plenty of time to get registered.

At our Mini two weeks ago, we had a shooter who had shot the occasional "plink" but had otherwise never fired a rifle prior to last month. By the end of the day, he had earned the honor of the title "Rifleman"! While that's not the most typical result, it is very possible.

We have room on the line for YOU! Come shoot with us!

General info at The Appleseed Project

What to bring: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/pdf/what_to_bring_shoot.pdf

Registration link for this shoot: Cloverdale, IN Appleseed - Sept 26-27, 2009 - Eventbrite

Marksmanship: The only sport endorsed by the Founders of our country!

Blessings,
    Bill

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    At our Mini two weeks ago, we had a shooter who had shot the occasional "plink" but had otherwise never fired a rifle prior to last month. By the end of the day, he had earned the honor of the title "Rifleman"! While that's not the most typical result, it is very possible.

Blessings,
    Bill

That shooter was me. And when he says "the occasional plink," we're talking maybe a dozen ROUNDS total through a rifle in my life. If I can have success with this program, anyone who is willing to take instruction can have success. And the people involved with this are top-notch people who will make you feel welcomed and at ease. Anyone who can attend should definitely do so! :yesway: Send me a PM if you're interested in getting a first-timer's opinion on this event.

JByer323

Expert
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I can't go to the one this weekend, and the one in October is the same weekend as my best friend's wedding, but the November one is over IUPUi's break, so I'll be there, and plan on dragging my father along too.

My life has been crazed the last few months, but I finally ordered some more targets and the handbook from Fred, and has started brushing up on the skills on my own. I want my patch!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I can't go to the one this weekend, and the one in October is the same weekend as my best friend's wedding, but the November one is over IUPUi's break, so I'll be there, and plan on dragging my father along too.

My life has been crazed the last few months, but I finally ordered some more targets and the handbook from Fred, and has started brushing up on the skills on my own. I want my patch!

There are also Mini-Appleseeds just about every month at Cloverdale (though October's is the same day as the shoots at Wabash and Evansville) and if you're willing to travel a little, they also have them in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kentucky, and believe it or not, Illinois! as well as many other states. Check out Appleseed Schedule for more info!

Blessings,
    Bill

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Yep, three simultaneous Appleseed events on OCT 17-18 and completely crewed by Hoosiers! Pretty cool testament to the growth of our INstructor corps!

HH

Sep 29, 2009
    Mooresville
    Just wanted to say thanks again to all the volunteer instructors at Cloverdale this weekend. I had a great time and your instruction, history, sense of humor, and patience with everyone was great. You enjoy what you're doing and it shows. I plan to get to a mini as soon as I can and get that elusive 210. I was so close I could taste the bacon! Anybody who's debating on going needs to just go, you won't regret it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Great weather both days with 17 shooters on line Saturday and 12 on Sunday.

Added two new rifleman to the ranks plus a repeat, but he did it with a bolt gun this time!
    One of the new riflemen sealed his accomplishment with a second rifleman score. The first a 216, second a 237.

A good group of folks, attentive and safe. A big thanks to each and every one for joining us for the weekend. We rejoyed the time with you :rockwoot::rockwoot:

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    An outstanding weekend! These shooters gave DaveD's foam target line a very real torture test. By Sunday I was seeing foam blowing out the back from the tight groups being fired on the star targets. DaveD, you will need a repair kit to make it through next years season ;)

We saw some excellent groups Saturday morning, and they just got better as the weekend progressed. We had great weather for the shoot with Saturday's expected rain turning into sunshine and fair winds. Instructors paid for that when the heavens opened up while we tried to get in some rare trigger time afterwards.

A great group of shooters, who just made us look better as instructors. Cloverdale is certainly a four star venue, DaveD turns out Riflemen, the range is beautiful, the food is great. The instructors are handsome too :D

DAve

PS We have two new rifleman Sunday, and a third backed up his previous Rifleman effort with a higher score and a boltgun to boot.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I regret missing this event! Something came up though and I had to back out of the NFA day shoot and the Appleseed both. There will be more Appleseeds though...

figley

Expert
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Sunday evening, the 27th, I put in an order to the RWVA store:
    - Garand slings - because I learned the value of a proper sling
    - Chamber flags - because they are a good idea at any range, when the range is cold (mags out, bolts back, safeties on, flags in, rifles grounded, nobody touching them. yes, ATM, I think I say it in my sleep now)
    - Paul Revere's Ride. This is the most significant of my important purchases. The lectures given over the weekend were informative, and I realized how little I really knew of the events of April 19, 1775. Thanks to all the staff and participants of the Appleseed for respectively teaching and learning with me. I found myself reading Paul Revere's Ride, anticipating what was to come next, so the re-telling of events over the weekend did sink in. After having digested the first reading for a few days though, no disrespect to Revere, Dawes, and Prescott, Hezekiah Wyman is still the man by whom I am the most impressed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sunday evening, the 27th, I put in an order to the RWVA store:
    - Garand slings - because I learned the value of a proper sling
    - Chamber flags - because they are a good idea at any range, when the range is cold (mags out, bolts back, safeties on, flags in, rifles grounded, nobody touching them. yes, ATM, I think I say it in my sleep now)
    - Paul Revere's Ride. This is the most significant of my important purchases. The lectures given over the weekend were informative, and I realized how little I really knew of the events of April 19, 1775. Thanks to all the staff and participants of the Appleseed for respectively teaching and learning with me. I found myself reading Paul Revere's Ride, anticipating what was to come next, so the re-telling of events over the weekend did sink in. After having digested the first reading for a few days though, no disrespect to Revere, Dawes, and Prescott, Hezekiah Wyman is still the man by whom I am the most impressed.

He's the one who first stuck in my mind, too... Followed soon thereafter by Capt. Isaac Davis. It's tough to put a rate-able "wow factor" on any of these men as to who impresses more. We truly stand on the shoulders of giants.

See you next time around!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom