• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hawk promised pictures. I was not able to take any during the day, but afterward, when the instructors had our meeting and a meal of brats, potato salad, and chips, I was able to snap a couple. ATM, you see, brought his contribution, as did DHolder, who made a chocolate cherry cobbler in his dutch oven (which looked delicious, but I was too full to eat any of) and ATM gave us proof of what we have long known:

8yi92e.jpg

142qvrs.jpg

1) Bacon really does make anything taste better

and

2) ATM really WILL put bacon on ANYTHING!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Mmm... chocolate cherry bacobbler... :)

I'll be back to post more later today, but wow - what a great weekend!

Outstanding event full of great people, new Riflemen, many more who were very close,
    and all very much aware of the heritage we are fortune enough to share. :yesway:

Stay tuned for more... :popcorn:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    WOW, what a weekend!

Started at range capacity Saturday morning with 25 on the line, most new to Appleseed, several having driven down from Michigan. Weather humid, in the 70's. Intro with First Strike set the tone for our weekend and a busy morning.
    After lunch and Second Strike we launched into a hot (90's) humid afternoon with a persistent group of shooters. Called it a day at 4:30 with the Third Strike of the match.

Sunday with 18 shooters on line and our first AQT. The weekend ended with three Rifleman. Kathy @ 216, Chris @ 216 and Eric at 213 with several more knocking at the door.

My thanks to all for another great time on the range.

Let the comments (and pictures) begin!!

Bubba

Expert
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    This was my second 'Seed and I'm glad I got to experience a different "flavor" of instruction (bacon flavor, as opposed to the cheddar flavor of my first shoot). Now that I had kind of a handle on things and I wasn't so overwhelmed drinking from the firehose, I was really struck by how I could hear the stories of April 18-19th, 1775, again and they had just as much impact this weekend as they did the first time. It truly is a story every American needs to hear and hear often.

Of course, the marksmanship instruction was top-notch as well. I was a little disappointed that one of AuntieBellum and my guests were unable to attend due to an injury, but after surviving the brutal heat of Saturday it was probably for the best that she didn't "push it" while on meds. A big congrats to my father in law, Eric, who put the first notch in my rifle with a score of 213, and then turned around and scored 212 on the very next AQT. The secret to accurately shooting a rifle is consistency and he has it in spades. Another hat tip to AuntieBellum, who is really closing the gap between her and that rifle(wo)man patch.

Thanks to the instructor cadre and to Niecie for giving up their weekends and whipping us all into shape. I'll be back on the line somewhere again soon, and I hope to see everyone again on the trail.

Royal-1

Marksman
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    I want to make sure our deepest thanks go out to the volunteers that helped make this event such a success. My family and I had a really good time, I expected to hear moaning on the trip home, but instead, what I heard was how much we all learned, and enjoyed it. We arrived as Cooks, and left as Cooks, but we are cooks that are much better trained in Marksmanship. We will be back as a family at another event in the future. We also know more history of how this great country was founded, and that has instilled even more pride in her. I will be telling everyone, what an excellent weekend this was, and encourage them to attend one in the future. And congrats to the newest Red Hat, ATM, you deserve an extra helping of bacon. <yumm>
    Warren

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Fantastic weekend, everyone! Check out the link yellowhousejake posted for more details on the weekend. It was great to see you all, and I look forward to seeing you all on the trail again soon!

Top Bottom