• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    My friend says that they are registered. He believes that that need 3 rifles. Will we be able to 3 loaners? I do have an extra, but it is a 7 shot, bolt action Marlin.

Your bolt gun will work fine if you have another magazine for it. If you need a magazine, Gander Mountain generally has them in stock.

My three rifles are spoken for... Hawk, Dave, ATM?

YHJ

Dr Falken

Expert
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Your bolt gun will work fine if you have another magazine for it. If you need a magazine, Gander Mountain generally has them in stock.

My three rifles are spoken for... Hawk, Dave, ATM?

YHJ

Thanks, I was thinking ahead and have at least 5 mags from MidwayUSA (maybe cheaper!?!)

I guess then I'm looking for two rifles still, at least, and I think Don said he might have one?

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    My rifle is available - 10/22 with scope.

By the way, anyone interested in camping this weekend I will be at the range setting up camp Friday evening at 1800 hrs.

Bubba

Expert
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I can commit one rifle as a loaner. EDIT: 10/22 with Tech-Sights. Kind of important information to leave out, huh?

Dave: Auntie and I want to come down Friday night and camp, but it'll be late by the time we get off work and drive down. Probably between 10pm and 11pm Eastern (the time zone change really sucks). Will that be a problem?

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Dave: Auntie and I want to come down Friday night and camp, but it'll be late by the time we get off work and drive down. Probably between 10pm and 11pm Eastern (the time zone change really sucks). Will that be a problem?

No problem at all. I might still be awake then, roasting mosquitoes over an open fire :D

Dr Falken

Expert
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well DaveD,Bubba and ATM if my friends could borrow those 10/22's, that would be great. We might not need one of them, as his wife might not make it to the shoot. Thanks!

Bendrx

Expert
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Almost last minute check.

Didn't know we could camp out there Friday night, may have to be there then - could probably get there between 8-830PM. That raised another question though, what time does it start (sign in/check in)? Perhaps it's on my printed ticket at home, but the Appleseed website only lists the days. I was thinking I read 9AM some place, but that may have been for a mini shoot.

Range Gear:
    10/22 with sling and 1.5X scope
    2 Mags - Would I WANT to have a 3rd (Aside from back ups be great!)?
    Eyes/Ears/Hat
    10 bucks for range fees (5 per day)
    Cleaning Supplies/basic tools for rifle
    Ammo

Is there a water supply at the range?

Anything I left out? And what kind of surface will be be shooting from? (Cement, gravel, grass)

Looking forward to my first 'Seed and meeting some more folks.

EDIT: Don I'll be there Saturday night for sure, and depending on Go Time Saturday morning I may head that way Friday night too.

Bubba

Expert
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Auntie and I will be camping. I'll have to leave briefly in the evening to meet another INGOer but we'll be there most of the night.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Bendrx,

Sign in starts at 0830
    More mags is always better, but two will work.
    Shooting from grass/dirt
    Bring your own potable water
    Bring snacks and plenty of water to drink I.E., everything needed for a long day in the sun.

YWJ,

We will miss you at the campfire. :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll have to miss camping this time.

Probably just as well, I do tend to hog the bacon. :D

See you all Saturday morning!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    WOW, look at all the bacon I get to eat :rockwoot: With everyone coming in late Friday, I can sit at the campfire sharing bacon with the mosquitoes (I hope them don't eat too much!)

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Ben... a mat to lay on ( I use a moving pad) sun screen, hat, sunglasses, bug spray, a chair. Most important, a learning attitude. The willingness to learn, about our heritage, the plan the founding fathers had for us, and the use of your rifle, will make this a weekend you will not soon forget.

Bendrx

Expert
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    There is still an chance I'll be out that way tonite, but I'll most likely be there Saturday morning. I will be camping out on the Saturday night for sure.

jonkertb

Plinker
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    Dave or bill or....
    is there room for another walkon? just found out about this weekend...did a saturday with you before.....and may be able to get free this weekend for a patch :>).....did some mods to my 10/22 since last time
    tom

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Don't forget to bring rain gear, everyone! We shoot rain or shine...and let's just say we're finding out where our tent leaks at this very moment!

Top Bottom