Close family member with a shady past asks for a huge favor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    This thread has been a pile of useless stupid crap starting from the first post when the poster tried to twist nothing in to something and then claim every one was worked up over nothing.

Ya got me once but you won't again.

Are you sure? Doesn't posting again mean he just DID get you again?

I know what you mean. I wondered if it was bait at the first post. The use of phrases like "shady past" and "history of reckless use" were clearly intended to do exactly what they did and set a very specific stage. I don't mind though... it's been an interesting thread to follow. Even though he just "got me" again, he's actually helping me... I'm one post closer to my 50. Gotta talk about SOMETHING to get those 50 in, right?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    thanks for the responses fellas, positive and not so positive, for those who tried to make it cut and dry FAIL!!! life is never that easy
    1. we're both liscensed to carry
    2.reckless refers to letting people know he's holding
    3.the problem comes in the fact that he has done the same for me, so i dont want to hold a "im better than you" position over him,he's not scum he's a good guy, i'll follow the advice of inviting him with, and go from there, thanks again fellas

So, you start a thread titled "Close family member with shady past asks huge favor", neglect to include important information, use terms that lead us all to believe your cousin is a nefarious character and then are surprised when we all come to the same conclusion. Why didn't you tell the truth at the beginning? It seems that your cousin is just and average, responsible gun owner who likes to OC and has helped you out in the same manner before. You seem to have a misinformed view of OC and don't want your gun involved in such "reckless" behavior. Well, don't do it if you don't want, but the entire premise of this thread has turned out to be silly when we we all just trying to give you sound advice.

stanicus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    thanks for the responses fellas, positive and not so positive, for those who tried to make it cut and dry FAIL!!! life is never that easy
    1. we're both liscensed to carry
    2.reckless refers to letting people know he's holding
    3.the problem comes in the fact that he has done the same for me, so i dont want to hold a "im better than you" position over him,he's not scum he's a good guy, i'll follow the advice of inviting him with, and go from there, thanks again fellas

I think it was pretty hard for people to be "cut and dry" when you dont provide all the info. Your'e just trying to incite the crowd. Pretty douchey move. Either way, you never loan anyone a firearm. They can rent one at Pop's or Don's. Or you take them to the range and teach them everything you know. Everything except the "how to be a douche" stuff. :twocents:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    This thread has been a pile of useless stupid crap starting from the first post when the poster tried to twist nothing in to something and then claim every one was worked up over nothing.

Ya got me once but you won't again.

For once, I agree with Jack!

this thread certainly turned into a load of :poop:

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    for grown men who choose to act like women, grow a pair 50 post? who cares only losers pride themselves on how many times they post i dont need to call you out because you know who you are, i gave a follow up and you chickens still squawk, if your offended then im talking about YOU merry christmas

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    for grown men who choose to act like women, grow a pair 50 post? who cares only losers pride themselves on how many times they post i dont need to call you out because you know who you are, i gave a follow up and you chickens still squawk, if your offended then im talking about YOU merry christmas

Do you know the significance of 50 posts? It's not a matter of priding myself on how many posts I get, it's a matter of meeting specific posting criteria for this forum. This criteria was set to ensure active involvement from members before extending full forum priveledges. That's what I'm doing. Actively participating in a discussion you started. Once a member has 50 posts, additional forum priveledges are extended (posting priveledges in the classifieds, for example). Just plugging away at it. The requirement is doing exactly what it was intended to do... causing active discussion participation.

When I first read your OP, I thought it was bait. I felt this way because I thought someone would have to be incredibly unintelligent and extremely irresponsible to actually consider loaning a handgun to someone who they openly admitted had a "shady past" and was known to "have a history of reckless use". I almost went on reading elsewhere. But then I thought your OP would get some pretty interesting responses, so I decided to reply, and see what others had to say. Interesting read at the very least. Note that with my post, while it may be considered a negative response, I tried to be honest, but respectful.

Then, your next post seems solely for the purpose of telling everyone that they are wrong, because the guy you're talking about is a great guy, not a guy with a "shady Past", and he really doesn't have any "history of reckless use".

So, I post again pointing out that you just changed the entire scenario that you asked everyone to comment on. Still being respectful, even though, simply put, I feel you were deliberately misleading everyone with your original description of this guy.

Then Jack Ryan posts and I reply to it. Wow... here's where I hit a nerve.

I'm so sorry you didn't like what I had to say, but you know what? It doesn't matter. It's my opinion, and it was expressed without being derogatory or inflammatory towards you.

As for acting like women, and growing a pair, are you for real? Seriously? Name calling? Gender insults??? You sure told me. Your maturity truly elevates you to a position of the utmost respect here.

Let me respectfully, but honestly clear up my opinion of all this... I think you baited this forum with your OP. If you weren't baiting us, I think you were knowingly lying to us when you described this person. If you weren't lying to us, and he really has a "shady past" and a "history of reckless use", then I think you just realized how incredibly unintelligent and irresponsible you revealed yourself to be, and you wanted to change everything so you didn't look so bad. No name-calling or insulting, just stating what I've taken from this thread and why. And of course, you calling me a woman with no balls makes me realize how wrong I am, right?

I was right... this thread is fun posting and enjoyable reading. Thanks for #39.

Top Bottom