• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    So is this out around here anywhere? It was suppose to be released wednesday I think (17th) but its not playing here. Just wondering if anyone has seen it, and what they thought.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I saw a preview for this when I went to see Quantum of Solace...I'll definitely be seeing that one...Eastwood is the freaking man!

I can't decide if he is a better actor or director.:scratch:

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    2 observations: 1: The bad guys picked as gang bangers in the movie are Vietnamese. Not only that, but the Mong, a little known mountain people. How P.C. is that? Why not use the prevailing black and mexican gangs as the obivious choice?
    2: The stupid jerk movie critic mentioned that in the movie Clint was on his porch threatening the bangers with a shotgun. Looked like a Korean era M1 to me.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    ***Possible spoiler***

2 observations: 1: The bad guys picked as gang bangers in the movie are Vietnamese. Not only that, but the Mong, a little known mountain people. How P.C. is that? Why not use the prevailing black and mexican gangs as the obivious choice?
    2: The stupid jerk movie critic mentioned that in the movie Clint was on his porch threatening the bangers with a shotgun. Looked like a Korean era M1 to me.

Loved this movie!

Why not use Black and Mexican gangs, you ask?

Eastwood's character has emotional problems stemming from the war in Korea. At the beginning of the movie, he has a severe hatred for his new Asian neighbors. He befriends the young Asian girl and slowly lets his guard down. He becomes more tolerant and his racial slurs transition from "hardcore" to "only in jest".

You've not seen a Hollywood produced movie in the last 20 years?

And yes that is a M1 Garand. Hollywood also lacks a great deal of knowledge in the firearms dept.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I stand by my original comments. I've at least seen all Eastwood 's movies including "Bridges". I might add the movie should have been called "El Camino" instead of "Gran Torino". Of course the Chevy truck would replace that crappy Ford.

Top Bottom