Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited:

cavallo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Yep. I remember triple digit temperatures when I was growing up here in Indiana but it has been many years.
    Sorry I tried to post a link to a temperature chart and something went wrong and caused it to take you to some STUPID ad site. Someone somewhere probably making a buck by hijacking a link.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    2012 was a hot, dry summer. I lost a number of trees in my woods to that drought.
    I remember that year. I had an interview in July and the day of the interview was 104 actual (not the index temp) and I was in a suite. When I got out of the air conditioned car I thought I was gonna melt and stink with sweat for the interview. At least I got the job.

It was so hot & dry you could not find a Ross tree feeder anywhere at any price to water the trees with. I think I mowed the lawn 3 times that whole season.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is there even a side of the isle that acknowledges climate change as a real thing and proposes real ideals to deal with it that don't involve tax deduction scams?

Like hell, just stop reducing the sulfur in diesel and we'll reverse course on all of this within a couple years. Better yet, put some concentration of it in jet fuel where it'll be dispersed too high to cause acid rain.

Solar and wind is just a scam. Anything but nuclear is impractical at the levels of demand we have today.

This is an astonishingly easy problem to solve, yet everyone is too busy arguing over nonsense to realize the easy solution.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is there even a side of the isle that acknowledges climate change as a real thing and proposes real ideals to deal with it that don't involve tax deduction scams?

Like hell, just stop reducing the sulfur in diesel and we'll reverse course on all of this within a couple years. Better yet, put some concentration of it in jet fuel where it'll be dispersed too high to cause acid rain.

Solar and wind is just a scam. Anything but nuclear is impractical at the levels of demand we have today.

This is an astonishingly easy problem to solve, yet everyone is too busy arguing over nonsense to realize the easy solution.

Yep, any solution for this that doesn't involve nuclear just shows me how much of a scam it is.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yep, any solution for this that doesn't involve nuclear just shows me how much of a scam it is.
    You I can agree with, Tombs takes it slightly too far, imo, as there is a place for wind, solar, battery, flywheel, hydro, coal, and natural gas.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You I can agree with, Tombs takes it slightly too far, imo, as there is a place for wind, solar, battery, flywheel, hydro, coal, and natural gas.

I agree with that, at least if we're talking small areas for those things, in places where they make sense. For instance, buying up farmland to use for solar or wind is just plain stupid. There are places where you can add those various technologies that make sense, but where they're being pushed now is idiotic.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I agree with that, at least if we're talking small areas for those things, in places where they make sense. For instance, buying up farmland to use for solar or wind is just plain stupid. There are places where you can add those various technologies that make sense, but where they're being pushed now is idiotic.
    Yes, and reward efforts that are driving costs down and efficiencies up instead of rewards based on installed capacity

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    +1. There are places solar and wind make sense, and they make sense as an additional source of power. They do not make sense as the ONLY source of power. Even in Indiana, adding a few panels and inverters to your house yourself can help offset some of the high demand times in summer.

Top Bottom