• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The planet has more trees now than 100 years ago. Due to the industrial scaling of tree harvesting in the decades leading to the 1920’s boom, There were an estimated 750 billion trees worldwide in the 1920s. Since then, and with planting for harvest schemes, we now have approximately 3.04 trillion trees in the world.

But no one ever seems to remember that the green terror has latched onto just ONE statistic, that the last time there was evidence interpreted as a CO2 level above 400 it was hot. It was also the Pliocene and was 2.6 to 5.3 MILLION years ago and there are many differences from the current situation in terms of geology and biology - but no, the narrative requires that CO2 levels alone are destiny

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I've been wondering what a "national climate emergency" would mean for the people in this country. The covid emergency wasn't pleasant.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Seen Fort Wayne hit only 93f today, they were saying it could set a record, but it did not make it. Record for today was 95f set in 1895 I believe they said. How will we ever make it.
    It is amazing that weather forecasts for the next 3-7 days are wildly inaccurate sometimes. Heck, I've litterly loaded up the kayak and gear the night before because the weather forecast for the next day was mostly sunny and pleasant. But it actually started raining overnight and rained off and on the entire next day. WTH? So when I hear of forecasts for 20+ years in the future, that cannot be wrong, are infallible, with absolute certainty that the temperature will be .5 degrees celius warmer on average and the sea levels will be 1cm higher than presently, and the world will end, all because I grill red meat and heat my home....FO.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It is amazing that weather forecasts for the next 3-7 days are wildly inaccurate sometimes. Heck, I've litterly loaded up the kayak and gear the night before because the weather forecast for the next day was mostly sunny and pleasant. But it actually started raining overnight and rained off and on the entire next day. WTH? So when I hear of forecasts for 20+ years in the future, that cannot be wrong, are infallible, with absolute certainty that the temperature will be .5 degrees celius warmer on average and the sea levels will be 1cm higher than presently, and the world will end, all because I grill red meat and heat my home....FO.
    I kayak the Eel River all the time. Always got to watch the weather. Can go from shallow to 15’ in just a few hours sometimes! If you’re ever in my area or want to do the Eel River let me know.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom