• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Did anybody think about the unintended consequences? The lead time for a whole house generator was 12 months and growing last time I checked. This idea will never be implemented, but if it were, one efficient commercial power plant would be replaced by tens of thousands of less efficient gas or propane generators.
    That is completely wrong. The people fail to assess the situation correctly. TPTB control manufacturing by regulation, just show the man by going out and buying a toilet that uses five gallons of water to flush, I’ll wait. There is no law that it is illegal to have a five gallon flusher, but it is illegal to manufacture them.

The line in red is normalcy bias, we are frogs in a pot of water and most folks are too comfortable to realize it is getting hot...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I love the focus on Phoenix recently about how they have "been above 100* for 39 straight days!" Guess what? Their average temperature for May, June, July, August and September are 95, 105, 106, 104 and 100. Now... I'm not a climatologist or anything but that's at least 100 straight days of 100*+.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I love the focus on Phoenix recently about how they have "been above 100* for 39 straight days!" Guess what? Their average temperature for May, June, July, August and September are 95, 105, 106, 104 and 100. Now... I'm not a climatologist or anything but that's at least 100 straight days of 100*+.
    At least it's a "dry heat"...

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    That is completely wrong. The people fail to assess the situation correctly. TPTB control manufacturing by regulation, just show the man by going out and buying a toilet that uses five gallons of water to flush, I’ll wait. There is no law that it is illegal to have a five gallon flusher, but it is illegal to manufacture them.

The line in red is normalcy bias, we are frogs in a pot of water and most folks are too comfortable to realize it is getting hot...
    Maybe, but I do realize things we thought were impossible 10 years ago are now reality.

My reasoning on blackouts isn't that scheduled blackouts are so outrageous they wouldn't dare be implemented (they would be), but rather that they would affect all people equally and that's the problem. Rich and poor alike are connected to the grid. Regulations that diminish lifestyle are written so they can be avoided by people with money. The regulation might be debated but in the end, it would likely be something like a carbon tax on your home electrical consumption that passes. Whatever it is if you have enough money you'll have electricity.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Maybe, but I do realize things we thought were impossible 10 years ago are now reality.

My reasoning on blackouts isn't that scheduled blackouts are so outrageous they wouldn't dare be implemented (they would be), but rather that they would affect all people equally and that's the problem. Rich and poor alike are connected to the grid. Regulations that diminish lifestyle are written so they can be avoided by people with money. The regulation might be debated but in the end, it would likely be something like a carbon tax on your home electrical consumption that passes. Whatever it is if you have enough money you'll have electricity.
    The truly rich will not suffer from blackouts. They wll have their own power generation back up and never know it happened. Even just a bank of batteries, inverters and solar panels to cover the few hours a day would be sufficient

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    In a state/country that is run well and correctly, black/brownouts would be a non-issue. There is not much reason for them to happen with our level of technology (barring damage to infrastructure and things along those lines). The biggest reasons they occur is due to mismanagement and a plan to cause us pain to show that climate change is real. If Brandon wasn't shutting down pipelines, stopping the oil companies from drilling or if the US would allow nuclear plants, they wouldn't be a significant thing. This is all being done for an agenda, not because it can't be stopped.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you

Considering the fact that they can remotely turn off your power when you don't pay your bill, they can VERY easily turn off large groups/areas that have already had the 'select few' weeded out, no problem

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did anybody think about the unintended consequences? The lead time for a whole house generator was 12 months and growing last time I checked. This idea will never be implemented, but if it were, one efficient commercial power plant would be replaced by tens of thousands of less efficient gas or propane generators.

Did you also see they are trying to outlaw small engines as well due to pollution? At face value it’s to eliminate leaf blowers, trimmers, etc. and we just switch to battery tools.

Except generators also use those same small engines. So those would be out too.

So here is the question. Is this intentional, or did they not think it through?

I’m sure the big diesels needed to power the mansions of TPTB will be large enough to be exempt from that genny killing legislation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But as the cost of electricity rises, the wealth pyramid narrows and the available dance floor will eventually leave us all behind. Remember a million dollars in investable assets used to be considered a lot of money. Now, not so much

Not just expenses will be taken from your money, but ever more taxes to subsidize their voters to lessen the sting of this foolishness. Compare how much you pay for broadband or cellular compared to the primary Democrat voting demographic. Any big city machine politics environment is a roadmap of your future

Saying one can avoid the worst effects of this madness by accumulating enough money is just roping the less fortunate off to a lower piton and continuing the climb without them

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Considering the fact that they can remotely turn off your power when you don't pay your bill, they can VERY easily turn off large groups/areas that have already had the 'select few' weeded out, no problem
    This ^^^

Any house with a smart meter can be individually selected for remote turn-off without affecting anyone else on that distribution line

Your future low 'social score' could easily get you selected to be 'part of the solution' to low electricity supply

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just a little sanity on this. . .

Graph from article:

1690469652525.png

AND, the above doesn't even account for the fact that about 96% of U.S. climate data is corrupted by the vast majority of thermometers that NOAA relies on being improperly installed and maintained leading to heat-bias due to localized effects of urbanization (i.e. in close proximity to asphalt, machinery, and other heat producing/trapping objects). Article below details:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom