• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really, I don't have that big of a problem with getting CLEO signature. I still need to get fingerprinted so it's not really saving me any time or hassle. :dunno:

For you, maybe, but there are a lot of CLEOs even right here in Indiana that do everything they can to be an obstacle to obtaining NFA. Everything from making you make an appointment (only available on the second Tuesday of the month, between 9:00am and 9:15am, unless he's on vacation) to taking days or weeks to sign off, and then making you make another appointment to pick up your Forms.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I concur if this goes through it's a good thing and I have never had a problem getting a form signed in the past.

ekg98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    This is a great thing if this is really true.

In the day and age of computers and sharing information do you really think your local authorities dont already know you have a NFA or can easily check?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The CLEO signoff is/was never about the locals wanting to know what you had. It is meant to be more of a "permission slip" than anything. The CLEO signing the form is his word saying that he has no reason to believe that you are going to use the item for nefarious purposes.

Top Bottom