• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i bought a SS 10/22 and someone put a blued scope mount on it and it stained the stainless steel!!!!:n00b:(i think solvent got under it) ....i tried some 0000 steel wool and it started to take it off and the finish on the SS started to come with it....any tips and tricks?:patriot:

LRHostetler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Aren't all factory 10/22 recievers aluminum and then painted to match the barrel on the rifle? I know the reciever that I got with my blued barrel 10/22 is just painted black. I wonder if maybe you're just stripping the silver paint off and seeing the bare Al underneath. Just my :twocents:.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Aren't all factory 10/22 recievers aluminum and then painted to match the barrel on the rifle? I know the reciever that I got with my blued barrel 10/22 is just painted black. I wonder if maybe you're just stripping the silver paint off and seeing the bare Al underneath. Just my :twocents:.

I think you're right. I thought the 10/22 recievers were painted or anodized to match the barrel. I've painted them with wheel paint before.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    All Ruger 10/22 receivers are aluminum. Also, don't use steel wool on aluminum or SS as it can embed small particles of steel in the surface where they can rust and cause more discoloration.

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    It is aluminum , any attempt to remove staining will almost certainly remove the factory finish , just deal with it or buy new.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    will i'm goin' to strip the paint and polish the aluminum and see if i can find some solvent resistant clear coat....thanks for all the reply's...

Top Bottom